2023 IT Summer College Intern - Salesforce
NextEra Energy Resources is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. We provide energy-related products and services that grow our economy, protect the environment, support our communities and help customers meet their energy needs. We are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with our goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations? Join our world-class, innovative team today.
Position Specific Description
Gain experience in the large-scale agile implementation of Salesforce platform and learn the sales processes that are critical to meeting customer needs and increasing sales for NEER. Business units that will be utilizing the new system include Development, Business Management, Distributed Generation, ESG, Gas Infrastructure, and NEM. This is an excellent opportunity to gain technical and business experience.
- Document user stories based on business input
- Test Salesforce functionality in preparation for releases
- Help coordinate change management efforts (training, documentation, release support)
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis efforts such as workflow updates, and excel analysis using pivot charts, tables, duplicate detection etc.
- A motivated, positive person capable of working in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts
- Willing to learn new technology and research to find solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical Problem Solving
- Good Listening Skills
- Team Player
- Effective Written Communications
- Effective Verbal Communications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (especially excel)
- Agile methodologies/JIRA experience is a plus
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: College Part Time
Job Category: Intern
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: No
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.