Finance Leadership Rotation Program Analyst
Finance Leadership Rotation Program
We are looking for talented, driven, and passionate people who aspire to lead others and are excited to join an early career program that offers robust hands-on development.
The finance leadership rotation program consists of three approximately one-year rotations through our organizations finance and accounting functions and is designed to provide you with the capabilities, exposure, and development needed to accelerate your career.
Each rotation in different business units will help grow your financial acumen and business knowledge to build an overall understanding of National Life Group, knowledge of the life insurance industry, and position you for future growth opportunities.
The potential business areas you will rotate through are:
- Financial Reporting – Learn about the financial statements prepared on a GAAP and Statutory basis, be part of the financial close, and work closely with internal stakeholders as well as external auditors to communicate results.
- Corporate Accounting – Work closely with the team on recording direct expenses, including accounts payable, expense accruals, allocations, and cash account reconciliations. Gain exposure to finance IT systems.
- Internal Audit - Gain a foundational understanding of the Audit process, including risk assessment, internal control identification and testing techniques. Our team works across all levels and functions in the organization to ensure the integrity of the financial statements and company processes.
- Treasury - Learn all about how cash goes in/out of the organization and assist on banking solutions and services to enhance the customer experience. Our team forecasts investable cash to optimize daily cash management, liquidity, and debt obligations. This helps support National Life's Investment team on maximizing market opportunities.
- Reinsurance - Assist with the administration of reinsured policies for all lines of business in accordance with the reinsurance agreements between National Life Group and reinsurance companies. Our team interacts regularly with reinsurers, underwriters, and claims examiners to ensure efficient and accurate financial reporting.
- Field Services Finance – The team supports distribution by planning, forecasting, and reporting on sales results, creating and administering field incentives, budgeting and managing distribution expenses, and providing insight to distribution leadership on holistic agency performance
- Financial, Planning and Analysis - Gain a broad understanding of how National Life measures and evaluates its financial performance, projects future results, and sets short and long-term targets while working with stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Tax - This position will touch all aspects of the corporate tax function including tax compliance, tax accounting, and process improvements driven by data analysis. The position offers a great opportunity to gain broad tax, finance, and industry experience at a growing organization.
As a participant in the program, your development will be supported through on-the-job learning and continuous mentorship with the goal to assist your personal and professional development. Candidates pursuing a CPA, CIA, CMA or a similar designation will be offered rotations with the qualifying experience and supervision necessary to meet the guidelines of the credential. By growing your finance and accounting career at NLG, you will have unparalleled exposure and learning opportunities and the chance to make a lasting impact across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Math, Economics, or Business is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solving and strong analytical reasoning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Able to work independently within established timeframes
- Ability to think strategically and respond tactically in a dynamic environment
- Well organized and able to handle multiple priorities at one time
- Comfortable with ambiguity