Bio Research Associate Fellow
Research Associate - Molecular Biology and Cellular Platforms
Full-time | Onsite, Cambridge, MA | Apply: email@example.com
TenSixty Bio is a venture-backed emerging biotech company at the frontiers of biology, computation, and drug development. The three founders completed their PhDs and Postdocs at Harvard, Stanford, and the Broad Institute in leading biology and genomics labs where they made surprising discoveries about the roles of new rare cell types in health and disease.
Our target identification platform focuses on identifying and studying rare cell types to forge entirely new avenues to understand, and treat, diseases. Our therapeutics platform is built on novel discovery models and a proprietary drug screening approach to transform our targets into life-saving medicines for major diseases and cancers.
TenSixty Bio actively seeks a diverse applicant pool in order to build the strongest possible workforce. We are an equal opportunity company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are a tight-knit team dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment for everyone.
As a Research Associate, you will build experience working with our biology and technology teams as well as building your management skills in operating critical lab infrastructure. You will play a crucial role in turning many of the company’s concepts and ideas into experiments and data. We are looking for candidates who can not only execute, but also think critically and have the desire to contribute to strategic directions.
You will work with our biology team to experimentally validate critical disease targets, and with our technology development team to perform high-throughput screenings on difficult disease targets.
Your contributions to the team will include:
- Executing lab protocols including cloning, protein expression, reporter assays, CRISPR, viral vectors, mammalian cell culture
- Continually improve our experimental workflows and documentation
- Critical thinking and providing feedback to team members
- You have earned a BS or MS degree in biological sciences, chemistry, or related discipline
- Your wet lab experience includes many of the techniques and tools listed above
- You have a passion for generating data and learning new things
- You are an exceptional communicator and team player
- You are detail-oriented, and a keep organized records of your work
- Nice-to-have: experience with data analysis tools
- Respect: We treat everyone with dignity and professionalism.
- Teamwork: We work as a team and look out for each other.
- Impact: We drive towards our ambitious goals with grit and determination.