We are looking for engineers who share our passion for consistently delighting clients through enabling modern data platforms. We deliver solutions using a variety of tools through collaborative teams, focused on deeply understanding client needs through an agile, human-centered approach. Our most effective consultants are thoughtful problem solvers able to understand critical success factors with requisite attention to detail. They think critically about business, process, and data, and thrive in ambiguity.
Our ideal team member loves interacting with a wide variety of clients, exploring new problems in novel ways and contributes to a supportive, cross-functional environment while being self-directed. They take pride in their work yet are humble and open to feedback from all, with a curiosity and desire to continuously learn, expand, and deepen their skillset.
Candidates starting or who are early in their career will go through extensive training and receive as much support as needed. Experienced hires are expected to have strong client facing skills and have the foundations and motivation to quickly learn the modern technologies we’re using to deliver solutions.
- Develop and automate large scale, high-performance data solutions (batch and/or streaming) to enable Axis Group® clients to successfully execute their data strategies
- Build scalable data pipelines leveraging best-in-class technologies (e.g., StreamSets, Databricks, Confluent) that integrate with high-level orchestration frameworks such as Prefect and Apache Airflow
- Design and implement multi-tier distributed data platforms in cloud, on-prem and hybrid environments (AWS, Azure, GCP) using infrastructure as code and automation tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible) as well as container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Develop complex processing logic, custom services and reusable libraries using Python or Java
- Incorporate best practices from DataOps, MLOps, DevOps and Agile software development into these solutions, including build/deployment automation (CI/CD), testing automation, and operational monitoring/alerting
- Contribute to shared Data Engineering standards and tooling to establish best practices, to improve productivity, and to increase the quality and repeatability of our solutions
- Support a wide range of data/analytics use cases across many industries, including cloud data warehousing, streaming, and machine learning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3-4 years of hands-on experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Programming experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Familiar with the full software development lifecycle including unit testing, integration testing, etc.
- Production deployment experience to at least one of the following platforms: Snowflake, Databricks, Hadoop, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with data ingestion tools (e.g., StreamSets, Apache NiFi, Azure Data Factory), data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, Flink, Beam) and distributed storage (e.g., Kafka, HDFS, S3/ADLS/GCS, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic Search) strongly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug and optimize queries
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Axis Group® is the Analytics Enablement® company. With more than twenty years of experience providing data and analytics consulting services and innovative solutions to enterprises and government organizations, we unleash analytic potential throughout the data lifecycle from data management, governance, visual design and platform migration to digital transformation, predictive analytics, automation and beyond. Axis Group® combines business acumen, leadership, and industry-specific experience with technical expertise to tackle tough data problems in order to enable better business outcomes. In addition, we partner with leading data and analytics technologies to deliver the right solutions at the right time. We have experts in: Qlik, ThoughtSpot, Snowflake, Power BI, Dataiku, VoiceBase and StreamSets, among others. We have regional offices in Atlanta, GA and Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.
Axis Group® is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or, any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.