Graduate Computational Engineer
The ideal candidate would work on the cutting edge of BIM & Computation, solving design and process challenges using Autodesk Revit, Dynamo and associated digital tools. They will bring their existing skillset and passion to collaborate with engineers and BIM & Computational Designers across our worldwide practice. The BIM & Computational Designer will be responsible for developing automation and clash detection skills among the technical team, as well as using Dynamo to streamline production processes, and exploring software platforms to discover new chances for innovation.
What would you be doing?
As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will be varied, but likely to include:
- Provide BIM modelling support to the engineering team on a wide range of projects to accurately illustrate engineering design solutions
- Manage the use of BIM Modelling software to support engineers engaged in analysis and production work related to the design of various building types
- Deliver ongoing Revit training to all technical staff
- Technical authoring and detailed production of design documentation
- Develop and maintain Revit content libraries through the creation of families and learning documentation standards
- Trouble shoot and technical support to the engineering team during the development of models/drawings
- QA pre issue and QA post issue construction documents to ensure they uphold Buro Happold’ s design standards
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across a global practice
- Develop visual programming scripts to augment and enhance our BIM processes
- Create computational solutions to complex engineering problems via visual programming
- Contribute to our open-source coding platform BHoM (bhom.xyz)
- Actively review emerging technologies and industry wide BIM design applications
- Participate in the input of geometry and data into BIM models
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, engineering or construction management
- Familiarity with BIM modelling software such as Revit
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#)
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working alongside innovative and award-winning colleagues on high profile projects in the US such as the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, Mercedes Benz Stadium, and the American Museum of Natural History, you will have the opportunity to leave your own unique mark on our incredible project portfolio
- Advance your career within a forward-thinking, global community of professionals
- Have a positive impact on the environment through your work locally, nationally, and internationally
Join us to find out what you’re really capable of.