Certified School Nurse
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career while working with an extraordinary team? At Merakey, we put heart and soul into everything we do. We are seeking a Certified School Nurse to join our team at our programs in PA. In this position, you will have a direct impact in enhancing a child's ability to succeed. This position will be a hybrid position supporting our schools throughout PA.
Earn up to $65,000 per year
- This is a primarily administrative position providing support and direction to our LPN and RN nurses in our Merakey Autism and Emotional Support Specialty Schools.
- Supervise LPN/RN's in the Merakey Education Center
- Understand and implement Merakey Human Service's policies and procedures relating to child abuse, standard precautions, incident management / critical event reporting, medication dispensing, storage, and safety
- Medication Administration
- Complete Medication Administration Record Audits
- Ensure appropriate doctors’ orders for medication are on file
- Monitor side effects of medication
- Provide literature on side effects of medication
- Assessment of self-administration of medication
- Develop individualized goals to increase independence with self-administration of medication
- Develop medical trainings as needed
- Other miscellaneous duties assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Current PA Registered Nurse license is required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing is required
- PA state School Nurse Certification is required
- CPR/First Aide Certified
- Basic Computer skills with zoom, excel, etc
- Experience with children with autism and/or emotional disturbance is preferred
Merakey offers competitive compensation plans, Work/Life balance, flexible schedules, cell phone discount plan, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement and much more!
To be the difference in a child’s life, apply today at: www.Merakey.org/careers
Requisition number: 76502
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve. Merakey strictly follows a zero-tolerance policy for abuse.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.