Academic Program Associate
Students in our Academy commit to both athletic and academic excellence. Our academy provides our student-athletes an opportunity for targeted academic support as well as academic enrichment. South Bronx United is seeking a Academic Program Associate to work with students in the SBU Academy program. In this position you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting with pre-programming desk and room cleaning
- Set up room and supplies for programming
- Ensure students are signing in upon entry and monitoring all bathroom sign-outs from the room throughout the session
- Monitoring students throughout programming and ensuring they are following all safety procedures throughout the day (wearing masks, maintaining social distance, staying in assigned seats etc.)
- Work with students throughout academic programming to help them organize their assignments and promote productivity to complete their work
- Provide homework help to students during homework time and pair students with academic mentors as needed (monitoring these pairings throughout the session and adjust as needed)
- Use proactive strategies to promote positive behavior during programming, engage in behavior management throughout the session as needed to ensure a positive and effective learning environment
- Support Education Directors and academic mentors for lessons to be run with students during programming
- Facilitate these lessons with your assigned room/group of students (if needed)
- Support students with use of Google Classroom used for lessons and activities
- Help with program clean up and returning of material to SBU storage space
- Conduct outreach to students, families, and schools regarding report card and transcript collection; and, the uploading of academic data into Salesforce.
- Hold advising meetings with students with two grades or more below a C (will have a small caseload of students in grades 9-10.).
Programming Time: (approx. 16 hours weekly)
Monday, Wednesday: 3:30-8:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 3:30-6:00pm
Administrative Time: (approx 4 hours)
To be determined with supervisor
South Bronx United, inside the Boys Prep Charter School, 192 E 151st Street, Bronx, NY 10451
$15-$25 per hour based on experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire for more details.