Camp Program Educators (Weekend Only Position), Columbus, MI
Camp Program Educators will facilitate weekend troop/group camping activities and special event programming. Programming includes and is not limited to STEM curriculum, arts, environmental education, outdoor cooking, high adventure programs, teambuilding, archery, swimming, and more. Certification training will be provided for specialized camp activity areas.
This is a WEEKEND position. Camper check-in and programming begins Friday evening and concludes Sunday morning. Schedule will vary based on event and activities offered each weekend. Onsite housing and meals may be provided.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience serving in a non-profit youth setting including, but not limited to, the areas of recreation, education, or other social science preferred.
- Must have a basic knowledge of how to lead camp activities and manage groups, including customer service and conflict management.
- Must be a hard worker that is friendly, detail oriented, accurate, self-motivated, and willing to work in a team environment
- Be tactful and respectful with campers, staff, parents, and volunteers at all times.
- Demonstrate good judgment.
- Demonstrate sound professional ethics.
- Flexible and committed to personal and professional development.
- Good judgment in anticipating and preventing accidents.
- Be able to act calmly, quickly, and give and/or follow directions during an emergency.
- Knowledge of safety practices as applicable.
- Dedicated to delivering exceptional Girl Scout programming in the outdoors.
- Become a registered member of Girl Scouts of the U.S.A.
- Hold the minimum certification requirements of CPR and First Aid. (Provided during camp staff training)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.