Clinical Research Project Management Intern
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions —because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people’s lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2022 Global Internship Program! As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group ‘coffee chats’. Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team: The Global Project Delivery (GPD) department focuses on clinical trials designed to monitor the safety and efficacy of drugs before commercialization. Services include design and management of clinical trials, study feasibility and site selection support, protocol design, patient recruitment strategies, drug safety and reporting, data management and analysis, regulatory policy strategy development and onsite and remote trial monitoring.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Onboard into the Labcorp organization as a Project Manager Intern
- Participate in group activities/projects and liase with members of the organization to provide administrative support while learning important skills and processes
- Be assigned to different leaders/members of the organization to observe and support their key activities and deliverables
- Perform additional duties as requested by Line Manager, Project Manager, and other Business Leaders
- Understand the role of a Project Manager for a Clinical Research Organization and observe the roles of other functional leads/areas which contribute to the management and execution of a clinical trial
- Working towards bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business, Biology or other science
- Has experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize tasks