Human Resources Intern
Working at the Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) turns an interest into a passion, a hobby into a calling, an idea into reality. As a multi-faceted social services agency, with over 17 unique service areas spanning 6 different locations throughout the state, we let our mission guide the way. Regardless of your faith, we’re seeking highly committed, high-energy leaders to serve our members and bring our programs to life. Sound like something for you? Read on.
The Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center (JCC) is seeking a team player with strengths in organization and detail orientation to join our Human Resources team as a Human Resources (HR) Intern. The HR Intern will gain hands-on experience and exposure to various functional areas of HR, such as: talent acquisition (recruiting), onboarding, compliance, and HRIS administration. The HR Intern will also work on a variety of HR projects. This is a paid part-time position working the spring semester of 2022, starting in January.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with recruiting process including: process requisitions, post job openings, monitor recruiting websites, communicate application status, and schedule interviews.
- Participate in the staff onboarding and offboarding process.
- Organize and maintain accurate and confidential human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Audit HR files and records for accuracy and compliance and resolve problems with paperwork.
- Provide assistance on navigating internal resources with self-service and HRIS tools.
- Must actively practice the JCC’s Rules of Positive Communication.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications -- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements (KSAs)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to take direction well and work independently.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current Junior or Senior in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management
Uniquely JCC Benefits
- JCC Membership: Every active staff member receives full JCC membership at no cost, which includes member access to our state-of-the-art fitness and aquatics facilities in Whitefish Bay and summer membership to the JCC Water Park in Mequon.
- JCC Program Discounts: Employees receive significant discounts on virtually all programs offered at the JCC and are actively encouraged to participate in our early education, wellness, camping, cultural, and enrichment programs.
The JCC has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. This policy requires that all JCC employees verify they are fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (414) 964-4444 or contact us at hr at jccmilwaukee dot org.