Dell Technologies Services - Undergraduate Data Science Summer Intern
**Please note in order to be considered for this role you must click apply externally and complete a Dell application.**
Data Science and Decision Science Undergrad Internship- Summer 2023
Join us as a Data Science Intern on our Dell Technologies Services team in Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA (or remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Dell Technologies Services helps customers accelerate their digital journey and achieve outcomes. Through an ecosystem of augmented intelligence, passionate experts, automated processes, and unmatched reach, we deliver end-to-end, modernized services from home to work, IT datacenters to the cloud. Our services are strategic to growth drivers for Dell Technologies overall and continue to experience growth in the sector. Our global team covers Sales, Portfolio Management, Service Delivery, Supply Chain, Data Science, Engineering, and more.
Why Data Science at Dell?
- Be a part of a large passionate data science community that’s always sharing new learnings, best practices, and a helping hand.
- Dell values creativity and innovation. Dell is the 12th largest US patent holder in the world (according to the Intellectual Property Owners Association in 2020).
Who You Are
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong statistical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Solid programming skills to retrieve, process, and analyze data
- Passion for data visualization and communicating data stories
- Will work side-by-side with product managers, software engineers, data engineers, and data analysts in creating data science products
- Ability and passion to learn new techniques to stay on the cutting edge
- Creative, with a willingness to present data that may challenge the status quo
- Strives for professional development and networking in a team environment
- Keen technical aptitude balanced with an ability to communicate with business stakeholders
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) candidate in Computer Science, Data Science, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or related field
- Candidates must be graduating after September 2023 to be eligible for consideration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in programming languages such as python or R, and database languages such as SQL
- Experience with visualization libraries and tools such as matplotlib, d3.js, Tableau, or Power BI is a plus
- Must be comfortable working with global teams spread across multiple regions
For Data Science
- Ability to build and evaluate machine learning models using python and/or R
- Experience with time-series and NLP preferred
For Decision Science
- Can quickly learn aspects of the Dell supply chain, and familiar with supply chain analytics
- Experience with optimization software as applied to integer programming, mixed-integer programming, non-linear programming, and stochastic optimization
Projects from Previous Internships
Interns have flexibility in methodology ranging from basic effective methods to cutting-edge experimental methods. Here are a few examples of prior internship work:
- Deep learning models for drive failure predictions and driver recommendations
- NLP on tech agent comments for fault resolution prediction
- Neural Networks (LSTM) for service parts demand forecasting
- Dynamic pooling optimization (stochastic optimization) applications on the warehouse network
- Machine learning applications on the supply chain reverse logistics (predictive repairs)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.