Manufacturing Engineer - Packaging
Manufacturing Engineer - Packaging is responsible for using technical expertise in support of daily operations in packaging operations by defining, measuring, analyzing, coordinating, implementing and follow-up concerning projects and activities designed to increase or improve safety, quality, productivity, and/or capacity. Apply accepted engineering practices and project management techniques to assigned daily tasks and projects. Analyze situations, break them down into key components and milestones, conduct fact-finding missions, provide detailed plans of action, and implement plans as assigned.
The Manufacturing Engineer Packaging provides on-going technical support for manufacturing operations in Packaging. Maintains awareness of current pharmaceutical manufacturing needs and standards and communicates possible programs/projects to achieve the goal of facility being a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical manufacturing site. Develops and implements systems to identify and measure key manufacturing performance indicators (OEE, TEEP, yield). Analyzes daily operations and processing problems, identifies and implement shop-floor continuous improvement projects.
- Uses Lean tools to measure, understand, and improve process variability and efficiency. Coordinates maintenance and drive technical activities for cGMP compliant manufacturing improvement. Identifies key capacity constraints and provides timely solutions to resolve.
- Manages related capital projects adhering to budget and schedule constraints. Establishes project timelines and drives timely completion of tasks between all stakeholders (e.g. operations, maintenance, quality, engineering, validation, suppliers, etc.). Coordinates activities of various vendors for projects to eliminate any potential conflict and assures that vendors comply with all the safety rules and regulations.
- Establishes engineering tracking tools and enforce their usage through fact driven communication between all stakeholders (e.g., operations, maintenance, quality, engineering, technology center, suppliers, etc.).
- Works with operations personnel and management to establish or revise work instructions and procedures used in the packaging operations environment. Works effectively with Operations and Quality to ensure project results are compliant with site and industry regulations and guidelines.
- Prepares specifications for projects to include all dimensions, electrical, HVAC and mechanical considerations. Prepares URS, Risk Assessments, Safety Assessments associated with the support of and execution of projects. Prepares technical writing including new Procedures, URS, Risk Assessments, Safety Assessments, and Functionality Tests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Automation, Controls, Computer, etc.).
- 1-3 years plant manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of control systems and PLC programming of highly automated manufacturing technologies (Siemens/Allen Bradley).
- Ability to coordinate and support contractors or team members as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (technical writing and presentation)
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or SolidWorks preferred.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as life insurance, disability, 401K with company match, and wellness program.
Fresenius Kabi is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.