Interested candidates may apply online through 9/27/2022 at: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/676874800
This position is located at Rome, NY. It is not a remote telework opportunity. Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
This opportunity is open to US Citizens and Nationals.
The major duties described below reflect the full performance level of this position:
Provides professional accounting advice and assistance in the application and compliance of generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and procedures.
Serves as a staff expert regarding the operational accounting functions and the application of generally accepted accounting principles, policies, and procedures.
Assists in establishing and monitoring internal controls to identify problem areas, determine actions required to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure and maintain the integrity of financial and accounting information.
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates a variety of accounting reports and/or accounting source documents. Evaluates account balances and subsidiary ledgers for accuracy and integrity of data, and performs research to reconcile abnormal account balances.
Maintains contact with operating and program officials at all management levels. Responds to questions from customers and subordinates regarding accounting data discrepancies.
Duties will be developmental in nature while performing below the full performance level (GS-11)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background or Security Investigation - Position Sensitivity and Security Levels may vary and is dependent upon position being filled
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
This position is being filled under the Direct Hire Authority for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense via delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense. We reserve the right to close this announcement early or to extend, as appropriate, based upon the needs of the Agency. Qualified application packages may be referred to management at various points in the selection process depending on the number and timing of applications received. Selections may be made at any point during the announcement open period..
Applicants MUST have related financial experience AND/OR a related financial degree (examples include: Finance, Accounting, Management, Actuarial Science, or related), in addition to meeting Office of Personnel Management (OPM) minimum qualification requirements. Substitution of combination of education and experience must still, in conjunction, minimally satisfy the DHA qualification requirement.
Human Resources will determine your qualifications for each entry grade level based on your interest and the additional following criteria. Resumes for federal government positions need more detailed work descriptions and accomplishments than a typical private sector resume. Please be sure to clearly describe this in your resume. Combinations of education and experience may also be sufficient.
This position has a positive education requirement. To qualify for this position you must meet one of the basic requirements described below:
(1) Completion of all requirements for a bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. OR
(2) Candidates may also qualify through a combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge AND 24 semester hours in accounting/auditing courses, which may include up to 6 hours of business law, OR a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.
For additional information or to apply on this opportunity visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/676874800