U220079 - Assistant Director, Baldy Center, School of Law - Law School
The University at Buffalo (UB) Baldy Center for Law and Social Policy seeks to hire an articulate, dynamic, detail-oriented Assistant Director. This position will manage related events/programming, and research efforts in support of the Center’s mission. As a highly visible staff member, the Assistant Director serves as primary liaison with all parts of the university with a wide range of constituents including staff from the offices of the president, provost, deans, vice presidents, vice provosts and faculty throughout the university, and students, as well as external constituencies. The Assistant Director is expected to build strong and cooperative relationships with the university community; perform tasks and responsibilities that maximize the effectiveness of the Director; communicate regarding the center with the rest of the university and with the community; and independently manage the day-to-day workflow and projects within the office.
The Baldy Center for Law and Social Policy at the University at Buffalo School of Law is an endowed academic center for interdisciplinary research on law and legal institutions. The mission of The Baldy Center is to advance interdisciplinary research on law, legal institutions, and social policy. It does so by supporting research projects, conferences, workshops, fellowships, visiting scholars, speakers, grant proposals, and other promising initiatives.
• Work closely with the Director to implement policy directives set by the Director and
The Baldy Center Advisory Council
• Supervise staff, students, visiting scholars, and the operations of the conference
• Manage all salary, HR, and other employee issues.
• Monitor financial operations, budget, and billing including management of the
endowment through UBF and preparation of monthly financial reports.
• Assist in planning and coordinating major conferences, workshops, retreats, and
other events of the center throughout the year.
• Plan and manage social media for the center; write copy for The Baldy Center website
• Plan, assist in planning, coordinate, and implement research grant applications.
• Manage Baldy Center fellowship applications and UB faculty research and conference grant applications
• Develop, maintain, and oversee a marketing plan for the center including preparing
advertising, mailing lists, website announcements, and publications to aid in
disseminating information about The Baldy Center.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Administrative management experience.
- Superior written and oral communication
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, display flexibility and initiative
- and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- Prior experience at a large research university center, preferably at the University at Buffalo (UB). Familiarity with UB policies and procedures.
- Applicant with training and experience in financial accounting will be preferred.
- Applicant with understanding of website functions and publication process preferred.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.