Information Technology – Summer 2023 Internship
Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who We Want
- Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
- Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
- Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
- Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
- Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
- Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker IS interns will get to:
- Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
- Be a part of an innovative team and culture
- Experience documenting complex processes and presenting them in a clear format
- Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
IS interns will:
- Work at the direction of the IS Business partner to improve business processes with existing and/or new technology
- Apply analytical abilities to enterprise systems and data to bring insight to business issues
- Work cross-functionally within the business and Global IS to achieve the desired improvements
- Prepare / create report templates for program team to use in future phases of the program where new metrics and/or processes were created and/or modified
- Prepare and present an overview on new process and metrics identified and implemented
- Project management including project status, establishing metrics developing processes
- Define opportunities, priorities and recommendations to improve user experience (UX) around voice, cellular, wireless, conferencing, and related services
- Update of team training documentation
Majors Targeted: Business, Statistics, Information Technology Management/Science, Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management
What You Need
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan to be enrolled in a degree-seeking program with at least one full semester of classes upon completion of the internship.
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Basic understanding of computer networking technology
• Experience with process mapping
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills