Campus Graduate – 2023 Finance Summer Internship
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people, and businesses, we have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Our industry is rapidly evolving, and we need courageous, quick thinkers who can shape the strategic decisions that lead our business forward. Whether it’s negotiating with some of our largest global partners or creating next year’s financial plan, you can influence both our day-to-day P&L and the future direction of the company. As part of the team, you can have the opportunity to learn and use the latest data tools and technologies and explore a range of roles to grow your career.
Business Unit/Role Specific Info
The internship will be a general Finance internship that will provide opportunities to intern in one of the following functional areas of Finance: Corporate Planning & Analysis, Global Commercial Services Finance, Global Consumer Services Group Finance, Global Merchant and Network Finance, Controllership, Global Treasury, and Investor Relations.
What Type of Work Will I Do As an Intern?
All interns receive a project solving a real business challenge for the organization. Examples of past projects include:
- Leveraging big data and SQL to understand American Express Card Member spending behavior in certain industries, across different markets and among certain merchants to ascertain growth opportunities
- Business-to-Business (B2B) Industry Overview and recommendation of potential acquisition targets across markets
- Assessing the efficiency of acquiring US Consumer Card Members through the Direct Mail acquisition channel
- Creation of prototype to enable financial analysis on mobile products
- Analysis of the profitability of our U.S. Small Merchants
- Enhancements to Comprehensive Capital Analysis & Review (CCAR) Stress Testing Analytics as part of annual Federal Reserve Board submission
- Analytical Skills – ability to manipulate large amounts of data, spot trends & generate meaningful insights
- Communication Skills – synthesize data into an easy-to-understand story & articulate key messages across multiple audiences
- Agile Mindset – positive, can-do attitude, adapt to change, and highly motivated self-starter
- Leadership – act & lead with courage, build relationships, make decisions quickly & influence change
- Currently enrolled in a full-time MBA degree program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2023 and June 2024
The final application deadline is Friday December 2nd at 11:59PM ET.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model, that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e. 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J), in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
For more information, please visit our career website at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/careers/.