Customer Experience Assistant, Retail Sales - Santa Monica
Customer Experience Assistant, Retail Sales - Santa Monica
Our Customer Experience Sales Assistants provide an exceptional experience for every Brilliant Earth customer. As a Customer Experience Sales Assistant, you will guide the customer through the life of the sale through our engaging sales platforms: in-person and virtual appointments, phones, or live-chat! These team members assist our customers in finding their best jewelry match from our luxury product line. By meeting and exceeding sales targets in a fast-paced environment, this team creates personalized experiences while sharing the happiest moments of our customers' lives. Curious about a day in the life? Learn more on our blog here or learn about Oval Diamonds from Kelly, our SF Team Member, here!
The ideal candidate will be able to work a schedule that includes weekends. This role is in-person at our Santa Monica showroom location, which is open from 10 am - 7pm.
Responsibilities May Include:
Sales & Customer Service:
- Utilize sales strategies and forward-thinking problem-solving techniques to assist and guide customers through multiple purchasing decisions, such as ring settings selections and diamond options.
- Proactively greet, check-in, and assist customers in the purchasing process, creating a memorable, one-on-one customer experience that reflects our luxury brand and product quality.
- Guide customers to purchase, creating memorable and personalized experiences for each customer.
- Manage a high volume of incoming sales leads to attain individual and team goals and revenue targets.
- Proactively respond to online customer inquiries and provide sales assistance through live chats, and phone calls while focusing on a luxury customer experience, reflective of our high-quality product.
- Develop and demonstrate product knowledge as it pertains to our diamonds, gemstones, and fine jewelry.
- Conduct post-sale appointments to assist and educate customers returning for pick-ups, exchanges, re-sizing, and other inquiries.
- Call customers to confirm showroom appointments and answer any pre-appointment questions.
- Review customer feedback surveys and online reviews, working with your leaders to continuously improve the customer experience and your sales performance.
- Use our ERP system to manage your tasks and communicate cross-functionally.
- Act as a brand advocate, sharing our mission of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry.
Showroom Coordination & Maintenance:
- Maintain luxury showroom appearance, cleanliness, and organization, including executing new product merchandising guidelines.
- Serve as the liaison for all facilities maintenance projects for the location, including troubleshooting and performing minor repairs as needed.
- Send and receive product from our distribution center, customers, and external vendors while reconciling inventory within our computer system and maintaining organization.
- Skillfully enforce policies within the waiting room to ensure a safe and pleasant experience for all guests, and ensure product security.
- Open and/or close the showroom and waiting area.
What You Have:
- A passion for the customer. You don’t just like to help – you go above and beyond to provide the best possible experience to each customer that comes through the door.
- A drive to exceed goals. You love a good challenge! You’re a self-proclaimed “over-achiever” on a mission to exceed your sales targets.
- It’s all in the details. When it comes to our customer’s biggest moments, you know it’s the little things that count the most. You have a passion for process and a keen eye for detail in a fast-moving work environment.
- Communication is Key. You have a way with words. Whether you’re interacting with a customer or teammate in person, via email, or by chat, you’re clear and concise.
- Master of Collaboration. You’re a team player. You believe that in order to transform the jewelry industry, we all have to work together!
Bonus Points if You Have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience with an ERP or CRM system
- A passion for socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
What We Offer
At Brilliant Earth, we’re passionate about the employee experience. That’s why we offer an excellent training program and endless opportunities for career growth! In addition, we offer competitive compensation and a robust benefits package, including:
- Insurance. Medical, dental, and vision insurance kick in on the first day of your 2nd month!
- 401k match. We know that saving for the future is important. That's why we offer a generous 401k match.
- Generous PTO Policy. We know it’s important to recharge and relax. You'll accrue up to 3-weeks of PTO in your first year.
- Sales Incentive Programs. Quarterly and annual bonuses, plus additional incentives for top sales reps or showrooms.
- Disability and Life insurance. 100% employer-paid.
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits.
- Continued Education. Company-sponsored learning in leadership, professional skills, diversity & inclusion, and access to tuition reimbursement for role-specific trainings.
- Employee Discounts. As an employee at Brilliant Earth, you’ll receive a generous discount on our jewelry.
- Wellness Benefits. We offer access to exclusive discounts on gym memberships and more, as well as an Employee Assistance Program for 24/7 access to counseling.
- Giving Back and Volunteer Opportunities. In addition to our giving back programs, our teams support local initiatives and spend time together by volunteering.
More About Us
Brilliant Earth is one of the fastest growing e-commerce jewelers in the world, and a global leader in ethically sourced fine jewelry. Founded in 2005, we have been featured in Time, The Knot, Forbes, and Refinery29, among many other media outlets. We are a group of dedicated team members with a common goal of creating a more sustainable, transparent, and compassionate jewelry industry. We are searching for bright and passionate people who are excited to make an impact from day one and grow with the company to take on greater responsibility over time. We are hard-working team players that welcome challenges and rise to any occasion. Our community of collaboration, respect and encouragement is fostered by frequent team events, cross-departmental meetings and celebrating our wins, big and small. Brilliant Earth team members bring a top-notch attitude and a willingness to help each other grow.
Brilliant Earth recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion on our team, as we work together to reinvent fine jewelry in a thoughtful and modern way. At Brilliant Earth, we celebrate each other – our successes, the lessons along the way, and the unique perspectives each individual brings to our team. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.
How to Apply & What to Expect:
Everyone at Brilliant Earth has a voice – we want to hear yours! If you are interested in growing with Brilliant Earth, send us a resume and cover letter letting us know why you are interested in joining our mission and our team. Please include a sentence about your favorite shape of diamond.
You’ll receive an email when we’ve received your application, and can expect an update within a week of applying. The interview process for this role includes a phone call with the recruiting team, an online exercise to explore our website and common customer inquiries, and a video interview with one of our leaders!
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation completing an application or at any stage of the interview process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.