Institutional Research Analyst
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Research & Effectiveness (OIR&E) in the Office of Academic Affairs. In conjunction with the Executive Director of OIR&E, this position will interact with the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs when appropriate to discuss outcomes of various surveys and projects.
The position will provide administrative and technical support to the Executive Director of OIR&E and is responsible for providing analytical support at various levels by creating and maintaining data and information, providing statistical analyses, administering institutional wide surveys and responding to survey and ad-hoc information requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(1) Data cleaning and auditing of student and course records each term ensuring complete and accurate data in Banner.
(2) Creates and maintains OIR&E reports within the Argos reporting tool.
(3) Assists other offices with accessing data via Argos when appropriate.
(1) Knowledgeable about administrative requirements for major surveys conducted by the University.
a. Familiarity with requirements, type of distribution, e.g. paper vs. electronic etc.
(2) Coordinates the acquisition, dissemination, collection and analysis of the following instuitional assessment surveys:
a. Freshmen Survey (CIRP)
b. Higher Education Research Institute (HERI) Faculty Survey
c. Student Satisfaction Inventory
d. Institutional Priorities Survey
e. Employee Satisfaction Survey
(3) Works with appropriate personnel to collect information required for surveys, e.g. questions, marketing, notifications etc.
(4) Works with the Academic Affairs to host forums and other information sharing events.
(1) Responsible for Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI) Reporting
a. Duties include gathering UIC codes and annual data requests
(2) Assists the Executive Director of OIR&E with the following responsibilities:
a. Non major requests for data from external sources
b. Program change tracking for Higher Learning Commission
c. Veteran’s related reporting
d. Board of Trustees updates
e. Detroit Mercy Program Review
(1) Attend monthly BUILD-CEC CWEP conference call
(2) Attend monthly ReBUILDetroit M&E Workgroup Meeting
(3) Work with ReBUILD Data Analyst to gather and analyze statistical data
(4) Assists the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research with data required for grant proposals.
(5) Manages and fulfills grant data requests from internal constituents. Including annual reports required for current grantees.
All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience in data collection, analysis, and report development.
• Experience in Institutional Research or higher education preferred.
• Experience with Banner preferred.
• Experience using data analytic software and technologies such as SPSS, Argos, SQL, and MS Office Suite products.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to analyze data with accuracy and precision
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with data and reports that include sensitive information
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Extreme attention to detail
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
$55,000- $60,000 Annual
40 hours per week