Associate Director of Multicultural Recruitment
University of Detroit Mercy is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Director of Multicultural Recruitment. This position participates in all aspects of new, undergraduate student recruitment and enrollment. In this role, an emphasis will be placed on multicultural recruitment and the Associate Director will provide leadership in the development and implementation of strategies and programs which will assist in increasing the matriculation rate of students from diverse populations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manage and evaluate prospect, conversion, and yield activities within a designated recruitment territory, and across territories as needed.
· Cultivate relationships and partnerships with community based and higher education organizations.
· Initiate and maintain contact with high school and community college students, counselors, and other school administrators through individual and group interactions.
· Coordinate and attend recruitment events to build a diverse recruitment pipeline on and off campus.
· Create new markets by identifying populations for outreach and develop and implement activities and programs aimed to increase university visibility
· Analyze data and market trends to determine actions that will maximize yield rates
· Develop marketing and communication content
· Review academic qualifications and make admissions decisions
· Communicate university information to prospective students from the inquiry stage through matriculation
· Collaborate with various university stakeholders during the recruitment and enrollment process
· Manage and coordinate programs for assigned liaison(s) roles between Admissions Office and other Detroit Mercy departments
· Assist with day-to-day functions of the Admissions Office and other duties as necessary to support the recruitment efforts
· This position requires some night and weekend work and light travel throughout the year
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of progressive experience in higher education recruitment, preferably with diverse student populations
- Understanding of current issues and challenges facing students representing diverse backgrounds
- Advanced knowledge and experience effectively working with diverse populations
Master’s degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding communication skills – written, verbal and electronic
- Bilingual in Arabic and English, with the ability to professionally speak, write and translate between the two is strongly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish goals
- Knowledge working with Microsoft Word, Excel and customer relationship management (CRM) software, preferably Slate
- Ability to conduct web based research and analyze data
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Commensurate with experience
A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required
Anticipated Work Schedule
Monday- Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.