Business Insights Data Analyst
Business Insights Data Analyst
at United States Golf Association
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938
The USGA is a leader in the global golf industry, whose purpose is to unify the game through programs like the World Handicap System, to showcase the best talent in the game through championships, to govern the game to promote fairness for all who play, and to advance the game and golf courses through innovation and science and programs that grow participation.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
As part of the Regional Affairs team, the Business Insights Data Analyst will work closely with multiple teams within the USGA to help shape and execute our strategic vision. You will contribute to projects across the USGA as well as with our partner Allied Golf Associations. You will work with business data from the USGA, our partner organizations, macro level golf industry data, as well as data from golf facilities and golfers across the country. The successful Business Insights Analyst is a highly motivated, creative thinker and has a good sense for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind the data and application to the business.
- Interpret data, analyze results and identify trends using statistical techniques, develop meaningful analytic conclusions and recommend innovative solutions.
- Suggest changes to internal and external customers using analytics to support your recommendations.
- Create informative and actionable reporting that highlights relevant trends and opportunities.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Work with internal USGA departments to define requirements related to reporting, analytics and communications.
- Coordinate and consult with IT for customization work around data collection, storage and reporting.
- Understanding of, and ability to write quantitative surveys based on an agreed set of business questions and research objectives.
- Ability to synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data; write concise, creative, and insightful reports; and effectively communicate research findings to a diverse business audience.
- Strong project management and relationship-building skills and the ability to effectively lead and develop cross-functional project teams.
- Develop data visualization techniques to transform the data into more depictive models that help with the reporting building of dashboards for strategic decision making
- Identify insights that lead to new opportunities, enhancing decision making with data, measuring the ongoing health of the business
What you bring to the USGA:
- A BS/BA degree in business, marketing, management, economics, computer science or a quantitative field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, familiarity with data visualization platforms such as PowerBI or Tableau a plus.
- Experience with statistical software such as R, SAS, STATA a plus.
- Understanding of database structures and querying a plus.
- A willingness to learn new systems and think critically about their implementation and use cases.
- Detailed oriented and thorough
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work accordingly
- Self-motivator who will require minimal supervision
- Strong presentation skills
- 10% travel
**Please note that you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment with the USGA (proof of vaccination will be required and reasonable accommodations will be considered for medical or religious reasons).
About the USGA
The USGA is a nonprofit organization that celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf. Founded in 1894, we conduct many of golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment, handicapping and amateur status rules. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer