2023 Research Analyst
2023 Research Analyst
Position: Financial Technology Partners is seeking Research Analysts for July 2023.
Financial Technology Partners is one of the most successful boutique investment banks on Wall Street. Headquartered in San Francisco with additional offices in NYC and London, FT Partners has advised on some of the most meaningful transactions in the high-growth Financial Technology sector in recent years. We offer a full suite of financial and strategic advisory services, including merger and acquisition advisory, private capital raising and capital markets advisory. The Financial Technology sector is a dynamic industry that encompasses the convergence of financial services and technology. We are a 200+ global firm that prides itself on having an extremely collegial and energetic culture. Every member of the organization is expected to meaningfully contribute to the firm’s success. Senior bankers at the firm are formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Evercore and Barclays.
Research Analysts at FT Partners support high priority investment banking business development activities and publish bespoke industry research. While working at FT Partners, you will become an expert in FinTech while also learning the "in and outs" of M&A and private capital raising, business development strategy and industry research publication. This role is designed to equip the next generation of FinTech Research Professionals with the tools and skills needed to become leaders in the space. If you are an ambitious, recent college graduate and are passionate about FinTech – we would love to meet you.
What are the unique opportunities of this role?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to work at an elite investment bank – and the only one exclusively dedicated to FinTech. From day one you will be on the front lines meeting with C-Suite level professionals from the top FinTech companies as you assess product-market-fit, perform in-depth financial and qualitative due-diligence, and conduct broader market research.
In this role, you will:
- Perform due-diligence on high-growth FinTech companies including conducting various valuation analyses (e.g. DCFs, public comparables, precedent transactions) for companies across FinTech verticals and business models
- Meet with FinTech founders, venture capitalists, private equity firms, and traditional finance executives in order to understand strategy, product roadmaps, acquisition interests, and capital raising / liquidity needs
- Leverage FT Partners’ proprietary database and alternative data sources to identify emerging trends in FinTech
- Research significant M&A and private capital raising transactions and publish high-quality / high-visibility reports
- Develop high-impact, market facing deliverables including sell-side pitches, views on market trends, and analyses of investment / acquisition activity across FinTech
- Assist senior bankers in developing and implementing business development strategies and facilitating dialogue with CEO/CFO/Board level contacts
- The start date for this position will be July 2023
- Recent graduate or graduating by June 2023
- All degrees considered, Finance, Economics or Accounting preferred
- GPA 3.30 or greater
- Strong interest in finance, consulting, research, and fintech
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a drive for excellence
- Team player, self-motivated, and entrepreneurial
- Strong data management and research skills
- High attention to detail
- U.S. work authorization required. FT Partners will not sponsor applicants for work visas at application or in the future.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered
Why FT Partners?
- Managing Partner and Managing Directors formerly of Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Raymond James, and Suntrust
- Award-winning execution; Investment Bank of the Year / Boutique of the Year Awards (among many others)
- Executing both billion dollar and early stage / high-growth VC transactions
- Excellent career path, strong and competitive compensation
- Unparalleled deal flow with premier client base
- Access to world-class executives at high-growth companies
- Dominant footprint in the one of largest sectors: financial technology
- Top-notch financial sponsor relationships
- Close-knit, rapidly growing team
Selected transactions include advising:
- Divvy's $2.5 billion Sale to Bill.com
- GreenSky’s $2.2 billion Sale to Goldman Sachs
- Forge’s $2 billion Merger with Motive Capital Corp.
- Truebill’s $1.3 billion Sale to Rocket Companies
- Revolut's $800 million Financing at a $33 billion Valuation
- Payrix’ ~$800 million Sale to FIS
- Cross River’s $620 million Series D Financing
- Velocity Global’s $400 million Series B Financing
- SpotOn’s $300 million Series F Financing at a $3.6 billion Valuation
- Neon’s $300 million Series D Financing
- Upgrade’s $280 million Series F Financing at a $6 billion Valuation
- Mambu’s ~$266 million Series E Financing at a ~$5.5 billion Valuation
- Newfront’s $200 million Financing at a $2.2 billion Valuation
- CloudWalk’s $150 million Financing at a ~$2.2 billion Valuation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment: Financial Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact email@example.com.