U220082 - Prospect Research Analyst - University Advancement
Within University Advancement, the Prospect Research Analyst is responsible for supporting the University at Buffalo’s major and planned gifts prospecting program for individuals, corporations, and foundations under the direction of the Director of Prospect Research and Management. The analyst will work closely with research colleagues and fundraising professionals in implementing a major and planned gifts prospect identification and qualification program.
Highlighted duties include:
- Conduct detailed research on select major gift prospects (both individuals and organizations) and compile into well-written and comprehensive profiles.
- Identify prospects for current and planned gifts with the capacity to make gifts of $50,000 or more by incorporating the use of database segmentation, external resources, peer screening and database screening.
- Determine financial qualification of new major and planned gift donor prospects, both proactively and reactively. This includes interpreting and analyzing complex financial disclosure documents for the purposes of wealth assessment (SEC filings, real property files, financial, and legal disclosures, etc.).
- Take an active role in a prospect tracking and management program, including prospect strategy meetings, gift officer portfolio reviews, routine reports on cultivation activity, and development of solicitation strategies.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
About the Division of University Advancement
Building stronger connections with UB’s 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to the university’s goal: to situate UB among the nation’s top 25 public research universities. UB alumni and friends are grateful and generous, supporting the largest, most ambitious fundraising campaign the university has ever launched. Through Boldly Buffalo: The Campaign for UB, we seek to raise $1 billion. We invite you to join our University Advancement team and be part of our historic efforts.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of experience in a research-intensive professional role
- Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of both the university and the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
- Precise attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing deadline-driven multiple and diverse tasks
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.