Summer Analyst at Cornerstone Research
Applications will need to be submitted via the Cornerstone Career Page and through Handshake: https://ug-chire.icims.com/jobs/2953/summer-analyst/job
THE SUMMER ANALYST PROGRAM
The Summer Analyst Program at Cornerstone Research is an eight to ten week experience that will take place throughout the summer between your junior and senior years of college/university. We have developed a comprehensive program to introduce you to the world of economic consulting and the culture of Cornerstone Research. It is ok if you are not deeply familiar with the economic consulting industry now – that is what our Summer Program is for.
The Summer Analyst Program consists of a few key elements that work in alignment to provide you with a well-rounded internship experience.
· Project (case) Work: This element of the role closely mirrors that of the full-time position, and is the core of the firm’s success. Summer Analysts work in case teams that range in size but typically include a faculty expert, senior consultants and analysts. Within a case team, you will make important contributions during all phases of a project – from developing case strategy, to conducting analyses, to preparing experts for testimony
· Learning Programs: Throughout the summer, you will participate in a series of sessions that will hone your quantitative and qualitative skills
· Social Events: The Summer Program is as fun as it is informative. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to get to know our consultants in more casual settings
WHAT DOES CASE WORK AT CORNSERSTONE RESEARCH LOOK LIKE?
We are all about teamwork. Throughout your internship, you will be working alongside your peers regularly, even if you are not working on the same cases. When it comes to case work, you can expect the following:
· As a Summer Analyst, you will likely work on multiple cases throughout your internship
- Most cases have quantitative and qualitative elements, though some will be heavier on the quantitative side and others heavier on the qualitative side
- You will have opportunities to interact with Analysts (both junior and senior) as well as senior consultants
- Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
o Developing financial and economic models
o Working with/cleaning large datasets
o Examining market and industry behavior
o Conducting research via academic articles and relevant literature
o Reviewing written reports for accuracy
o Presenting findings to colleagues and clients
SUMMER ANALYST DEVELOPMENT
From day one of your internship, there is a strong emphasis on equipping you with the information, training, and resources to help you succeed. Your internship will begin with an orientation program, which will introduce you to Cornerstone Research’s culture and work. You will also participate in hands-on training sessions to learn sophisticated analytical and statistical techniques used in our day-to-day work.
Following orientation, you will join a case team(s) and have immediate impact while continuing to learn new skills. Though case work and the other core elements of the Summer Program, you will have ongoing opportunities to network with consultants and determine if economic consulting is the right fit for you. Cornerstone Research values the professional growth of its Summer Analysts and recognizes their contributions to clients and the firm. Consequently, many Summer Analysts choose to join Cornerstone Research full-time upon graduation.
ABOUT CORNERSTONE RESEARCH
Cornerstone Research is a consulting firm specializing in the analysis of complex financial, economic, accounting, and marketing issues, and is widely known as being one of the nation’s leading finance and economics consulting firms with more than 700 full-time staff members across eight offices.
We attribute our success to a unique combination of resources: a creative and energetic staff, cutting-edge research, a strong culture of dedication to our people and our clients, and our network of academic and industry experts. Our consultants employ innovative problem solving approaches and achieve unparalleled analytic depth.
Our clients include major securities firms, top consulting and professional service firms, leading pharmaceutical companies, and internet and high-technology firms, among others. Our projects often receive focused attention from chief executive officers and boards of directors of our clients.
Our diverse experience allows us to provide clients with a unique breadth of perspective and expertise. For example, in securities projects, we analyze stock prices, derivatives and debt instruments. We assess high-profile mergers and acquisitions, insider trading allegations and share repurchase transactions. In antitrust and intellectual property cases we look at industry structure, the nature of purchase decisions, and the commercial value of innovation and technology.
Our uniquely collegial and supportive atmosphere makes Cornerstone Research a great place to work. Recently, Vault (Firsthand) ranked Cornerstone Research as #18 in the ‘Vault Consulting 50’, its signature list of the best consulting firms to work for. We were also recognized by Inc. Magazine on the Best Workplace List of 2022. These awards are a testament to our culture and our people – the most exciting and enriching aspects of a career at Cornerstone Research.
If the Summer Analyst Program sounds exciting to you, we encourage you to apply. We seek well-rounded, enthusiastic individuals for our Summer Analyst role. Our qualifications are as follows:
· In your junior year of an undergraduate degree; with an expected graduation date of December 2023 – June 2024
· Demonstrated excellent academic performance
· Strong analytical backgrounds, through academics or internships
· Interest in business and economics
Cornerstone Research will provide visa support to qualified candidates with STEM-eligible degrees.
Cornerstone Research provides Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to legally protected categories, such as age, sex, gender, gender identity, race, color, creed/religious belief, medical condition, predisposing genetic characteristics or genetic information or testing, disability, marital status, pregnancy status, military status, veteran status, arrest or conviction record (except where permitted by law), sexual orientation, ethnic background, citizen status, ancestry, national origin, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.