L'Oréal Travel Retail Americas – Finance Internship 2023
L'Oréal Travel Retail Americas – Finance Internship
At L'Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
The L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program is a paid, 11-week experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world. We are committed to giving our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders. At the end of the summer, you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered for a full-time return offer into a Management Trainee program or a full-time role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities.
What You’ll Do:
· Dive into the world of finance through day-to-day tasks like category analysis, process improvement, systems enhancement, and more
· Generate and analyze financial data using a variety of systems to recommend profitable business strategies for L’Oréal brands
· Monitor actual business results vs. budgets, trends, and forecasts
· Evaluate the ROI of strategic business decisions to effectively manage brand Profit & Loss statements
· Provide financial support across functions like Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Manufacturing
· Own an individual project and/or group project with strategic business impact that you present to senior leaders
Who You Are:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2023 – July 2025
- Stand Out Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a total GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Available to work the entirety of the 11-week summer internship program in 2023
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Finance through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Skills Key to Success in Finance:
- Strong attention to detail analytically and are result oriented
- Can take initiative and manage projects end-to-end with cross-functional partners
- Ability to tell stories from numbers through data analysis, lifting insights from dashboards, and financial modeling
- Ensure accurate forecasting by building strategic reports
- Accounting knowledge
- Understanding business impact and advising business partners through strong communication skills and building relationships with team members and stakeholders
- This is a paid internship opportunity.
- You will be placed onto a team within one of the two areas of finance:
- Brand or commercial profit and loss (P&L) management and analysis involving interaction with various functional areas such as Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Purchasing
- Overall L’Oréal USA financial consolidation, reporting, and analysis involving interaction with various US divisions and Paris headquarters
- All interns will be paired with a mentor and a buddy to help guide you through your internship
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but one stands out: our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
Being a member of the L’Oréal Summer Internship Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation, too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 36 international brands – Lancôme, Kiehl’s, Ralph Lauren, and Kerastase to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things.
Freedom to go beyond, that’s the beauty of L’Oréal - Are you ready?
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its business, encompassing over 36+ brands, around the globe.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.