Senior Officer, Program Delivery
Position Title: Senior Officer, Program Delivery
Location: HQ Office, VA Office, US Hybrid, or US Remote
Department: Program Delivery
Position Overview:Winrock International (Winrock) is a non-profit organization that works around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock strengthens the capacity of women, children, youth, civil society organizations, and businesses to actively participate in sustainable development and to positively impact society.
The Senior Officer, Program Delivery will contribute to promoting program excellence within Winrock’s Global Programs portfolio, particularly by coordinating, advising, and supporting project startup, and supporting other Program Delivery initiatives and activities.
The Senior Officer, Program Delivery will support the Program Delivery team’s workplan and provide high quality, responsive support to projects and business units across Global Programs.
- Contribute thought leadership and provide direct support to increase the effectiveness, efficiency, and donor responsiveness of project startups within Global Programs. This may include:
- Serving as a startup advisor, startup lead, or in other support roles on startup teams.
- Developing or improving tools, guides, or training materials for project startup.
- Recommending process improvements to increase project startup efficiency.
- Reviewing technical and cost proposals to ensure that project startup is addressed appropriately.
- Tracking progress and compiling data related to institutional metrics for project startup.
- Support the development of training materials, instructional guides/manuals, or other job aides related to various aspects of program management, for Global Programs staff.
- Provide direct support to ongoing projects within the Global Programs portfolio, as needed and as assigned.
- Provide surge support to proposal teams as assigned.
- Support other Program Delivery team activities and priorities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international development/international relations, nonprofit administration, public service, sociology, or other relevant degree required.
This position requires the following prior experience:
- At least five years of experience supporting and/or managing international development programs – including USAID or other US government funded programs required.
- Experience supporting or leading startup and/or closeout of international development programs.
- Successful experience coordinating with a wide range of individuals/projects/teams/ stakeholders.
- Successful completion of short- or long-term assignments in developing countries.
The following experience would be strongly preferred:
- Prior experience developing or improving project management processes, tools, or guides.
Computer/Technical Skills: Proficiency with MS Office suite.
Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse set of individuals and teams in the US and around the world.
Language: Fluency in English required; other language skills (French, Spanish) a plus.
Required Travel: Some travel (up to 30%) may be required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple activities and teams simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of USAID and other donor requirements.
- Intercultural awareness and ability to build rapport with a diverse set of individuals and teams
As a condition of employment at Winrock, all US-based Winrock staff, regardless of location must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Winrock offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization