Graduate Mechanical Engineer - 2023
Buro Happold has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer to join our inclusive and welcoming team.
As a Graduate Mechanical and Engineer, you will collaborate with architects and other engineers to develop creative, energy-efficient buildings that provide aesthetic to their physical surroundings and utility to their occupants.
In your first few weeks in this graduate mechanical role, you can expect to:
- Embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability
- Perform detailed HVAC engineering building services design and calculations using software and knowledge to verify robust calculations
- Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard within agreed deadlines and budget
To apply for this Graduate Mechanical Engineer role, you will need a Bachelor's or Master's degree in mechanical, civil, sanitary, environmental, or architectural engineering. You will also require coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid hydraulics/dynamics. We are also looking for:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, Sanitary, Environmental or Architectural Engineering
- Coursework in HVAC design, heat transfer, thermodynamics, and/or fluid hydraulics/dynamics
- Familiarity with BIM modelling software, such as Revit
- Knowledge of IES software would be advantageous
- Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
- Internship experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply with Buro Happold today if this full-time Graduate Mechanical Engineer job sounds right for you.