Financial Advisor Foundations Associate (Seattle, WA)
Baird’s Financial Advisor Foundations Program is a rotational program for candidates passionate about a career in financial advising. The Program provides work experiences, business development opportunities, and educational opportunities in select Private Wealth Management functional areas to train Financial Advisor talent to be prepared for a successful career as a Financial Advisor and earn a full-time role on an existing team. At Baird, we believe true financial partnership means providing the personal attention and service our clients deserve and the thoughtful advice and solutions they need to succeed – no matter what’s next. Individuals in this program should aim to add value every step of the way, increasing results for Baird while earning opportunities to deepen their knowledge and experience with the ultimate goal of joining a team.
The program is divided between the Education/Application Phase and the Branch Rotations Phase.
Education & Application Phase
You will complete a one year critical foundational curriculum, which includes education and training, while working with key departments and finishing licensing exams. You will face real, practical, client-facing work in the Client Resource Team (CRT) and on a sponsoring wealth management team that requires individuals to leverage and apply training.
- Receive training on the breadth of Baird’s expertise, resources, investment solutions and technology
- Complete sales and client service training, articulate your value proposition as well as complete a variety of quizzes and case studies to test your knowledge and understanding
- Complete a rough draft of a biography, business plan and pipeline tracking document
- Study for your Series 7 and Series 66 exams and begin studying for the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ exam
- Team with relevant departments, including Operations, Marketing, Business Development, Technology Best Practices, Supervision, Financial Planning, the Client Resource Team (CRT), Investment Solutions and PWM Research
- Communicate with clients, understand their goals and needs, identify and then implement investment solutions within a structured environment with close coaching
- Be paired with a sponsoring wealth management team to work as a dedicated teammate to provide the highest level of client service and help the team grow their business
- Begin to drip on your pipeline through your Business Development Rotation
- Network with potential branch rotations with permanent teaming opportunities during this first year
The goal during this phase is to earn the trust of your team and build credibility such that you are given increased responsibilities. This is all with the aim to get as many real-world application experiences and network to earn a Branch Rotation with a team.
Branch Rotations Phase
If you have earned the opportunity to complete Branch Rotations with 1-2 prospective teams in the second year of the program, the goal is to solidify a permanent opportunity with one of these teams.
- Articulate the value you could add to their practice and test the fit of the relationship
- Finalize your biography and business plan, complete the CFP curriculum and schedule the CFP exam
- Deepen your knowledge gained during the Education & Application phase
- Begin negotiating a teaming deal
What makes this opportunity great:
- Extensive resources and time dedicated to the development necessary to jump start your journey to becoming a Financial Advisor
- The program fortifies one’s character, increasing resiliency, driving a stronger work ethic, teaching humility, fostering human connection and encouraging initiative
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, increasing your knowledge and skills through many different work experiences and opportunities across Private Wealth Management
- Long term financial advisor opportunities available in many locations across the country including active opportunities in Arizona, Minnesota, and Washington following graduation
What we look for:
- Commitment to become a Financial Advisor at the conclusion of the program and strong desire to develop skills in client service, wealth management, new business development and practice management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Marketing preferred
- 3+ years relevant professional experience or proven private wealth management internship experience with passed SIE exam preferred
- Must obtain the SIE prior to your start date
- Must have the ability to obtain the Series 7 & 66 licenses within 16 weeks of hire and to pass the examination portion of the CFP by the conclusion of the program
- Open to being based out of Milwaukee, WI for training and relocating to any of our branch offices across the country following graduation
- Exceptional communications and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, sales-oriented environment that requires proactive initiative, resilience, and autonomy
Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
Baird is committed to inclusion & diversity for our clients, our associates and the communities where we live and work. This commitment stems from our culture of integrity, genuine concern for others and respect for the individual. We view inclusion & diversity as an ongoing journey – one of shared responsibility, continuous improvement and a focus on progress. We invite you to join us as we work together to foster an environment where diversity unites rather than divides us. Learn more here.