Communications and Development (AmeriCorps VISTA) - San Antonio, TX
Are you a volunteer warrior? Do you want a career in service? Join AmeriCorps VISTA! The program is designed to function as a stateside Peace Corps, which places high quality, dedicated individuals in poverty-facing non-profit organizations throughout the country. VISTA Members serve on a full-time basis for one full calendar year. Upon completion of Service, VISTA Members are eligible to receive $6,895 Education Award or $3,000 cash stipend. The education award may be used to repay qualified student loans or can be used to pay for tuition or other educational expenses at eligible universities (including graduate programs) and vocational schools. To learn more about VISTA, click here: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista.
The Texas Association of Charitable Clinics VISTA Program seeks to place members who are committed to national service and public health in the clinics throughout Texas that are dedicated to providing quality healthcare services to low-income individuals. VISTA Program members will be provided with on-going support and training, as well as invaluable experience in the healthcare field.
At Acacia Medical Mission, the second year VISTA will work to break the cycle of poverty in rural Bulverde, TX by researching community demographics, developing a sustainability and growth plan for raising funds, developing a social media presence for the clinic, improving marketing materials, and streamlining human resource functions. Member activities include researching regional community giving levels and history, community events and other opportunities to provide outreach awareness, and new potential donors for grants, as well as updating, expanding and maintaining Acacia’s website and social media presence and initiating dialogue with community businesses and organizations about current and potential partnerships. The VISTA will also create policies and procedures in the personnel handbook and update staff and volunteer job descriptions.
Interested applicants can APPLY HERE: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=111304
Contact: email@example.com with questions or to request more information.
- Monthly living allowance of $1,350
- Healthcare coverage through IMG; or Health Allowance for those with pre-existing healthcare coverage
- End of Service Award of either $6,895 Education Award or $3,000 Cash Stipend
- Non-Competitive Eligibility for Federal Employment
- Relocation Allowance
- Child Care Assistance
- College Graduate
- At Least 18 Years Old
- Commitment to National Service and solutions to poverty
- Interest in learning about the workings of free and reduced healthcare systems.
- Responsible for finding own housing.
- Driver‘s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- English required and Spanish is a benefit