Federal Credits and Incentives Tax Associate - Winter 2023
Please click the apply link to search through all offices hiring for this position. Application deadlines vary by market, so please connect with the local recruiter for any specific deadlines.
At RSM, associates work with large and small companies in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges. Associates work on multiple team engagements each year, including several pieces of any particular assignment – not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our associates perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Completing tax planning and research
- Providing innovative cross-border strategies, state and local tax planning strategies, and federal tax planning advice
- Building strong international tax planning relationships with RSM affiliates
- Understanding tax treaties, laws and regulations
- Researching and writing memoranda and other written documentation on complex tax issues for business and individual tax clients
- Becoming increasingly involved in developing cutting edge tax ideas that could significantly lessen clients’ overall effective tax rates
- Learning U.S. federal, state and local country tax rules and regulations while working in a team setting
- Minimum B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent from an accredited university in accounting or JD/LLM
- Travel to assigned client locations is required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Working toward the successful completion of the bar exam
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work effectively on a team
- Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.