Ad Sales Internships – Spring 2023, Virtual
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we offer both virtual and in-person internship opportunities for the Spring 2023 semester, and all internships will be part-time (approximately 16-24 hours per week). Because we know it can be challenging to balance coursework and internship commitments, we are now offering interns paid time off for mental health, school exams, and personal holidays.
Spring 2023 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: October 7, 2022 at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – don't delay!
- Program Dates: January 17 – April 21, 2023
- Time Commitment: 16-24 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need. We will do our best to accommodate course schedules.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
The NBCUniversal Advertising Sales business has been united as one seamless portfolio with a powerful ability to amplify an advertiser’s message and reach the right consumer in precise, targeted ways. With two broadcast networks (English and Spanish language), 15 cable properties and more than 50 digital properties, advertisers can build ideas around their brands that leverage our unparalleled range and diversity of networks, channels and digital platforms.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Business Operations & Strategy: This is the strategic, analytical, measurement, and research-focused part of Ad Sales. It is made up of several smaller teams that perform different functions. The overall group is responsible for innovating the go-to-market sales strategy, innovating the commercial products and experience, and managing the programmatic and advanced advertising platforms. This team is hyper-focused on data and research.
- Planning: The planning roles consist of the pre-sale support team (Strategic Planning, Platform Monetization) as well as the post-sale support team (Account Services). The Strategic Planning team is one of the largest entities in Ad Sales and supports the Account Executives and Account Directors with pre-sale campaign planning, including pricing, inventory, ad placement, etc. Essentially, they determine, based on market factors and data, how ad spots should be priced and what inventory level we should offer clients.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from a location within the United States during all hours worked.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in the media industry.
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to multitask and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement.
- A background in any of the following areas: Advertising Sales, Business Operations, Consumer Research & Insights or Communications, with a desire to learn about different areas of the Advertising field.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite is strongly recommended.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, SPSS, or other tools is preferred.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.