Entry level UK immigration paralegal position
A boutique immigration law firm in Manhattan is looking for a paralegal to join its UK immigration team. Creative, analytical, and persuasive writers are encouraged to apply.
Duties include drafting and preparing documents, reviewing supporting documents, collating applications, petitions and correspondence, researching, liaising with clients and government bodies, updating supervising lawyers and working with support staff.
- Have prior experience working in an office setting
- Have strong writing and communication skills
- Have attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Be a team player
- Manage time effectively with the ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Have a helpful/flexible demeanor with a team orientated 'can do' attitude
- Be able to organize and complete tasks to a professional standard
- Have a business like professional manner
- Show initiative, take responsibility and ownership of tasks and be proactive
- Demonstrate flair and imagination and a willingness to assist the team with any tasks outside the job description when required
- salary range: $45,000 to $55,000/year
- 18 days holiday per calendar year
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401K plan
- Commuter benefits
Living in or close to the NYC metropolitan area is important because this position requires two core days in the office.
To apply: please email your resume, a writing sample, and cover letter stating your salary requirements.