Machine Learning Engineer Intern
**Please note in order to be considered for this role you must click apply externally and complete a Dell application.**
Machine Learning Engineer Intern
Round Rock, Texas
Bring your passion for machine learning and your outstanding problem-solving skills to Dell. Within Dell ISG Core Operations, our team in Round Rock, Texas is seeking a talented and motivated Machine Learning Engineer Intern to lead and deliver on our operational initiatives during an exciting time of transformation.
We are seeking a machine learning engineer with a dedication to turn the huge amounts of data generated by Dell technology transactions into user interface features that improve customer experience. You will have a passion in applied research with expertise in anomaly detection, predictive modeling, classification, and optimization. You will take pride in designing, developing, and deploying algorithms that will have a huge impact improving relationships with Dell Customers world-wide. The role requires broad knowledge of machine learning and the software engineering expertise to develop and deploy highly scalable algorithms. We urge engineers to stay abreast of machine learning research and promote autonomy on projects.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability, and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms including Supervised, Unsupervised, Transfer, and Reinforcement Learning. Experience working on Recommender, NLP, and Unstructured data a plus.
- Intermediate programming skills in Python (preferred)
- Experience working with containerized application(s) stack. Kubernetes preferred.
- Communicating across various teams within Dell to understand opportunities for ML solutions
- Confidence working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Identifying, developing, and implementing long-term operational process improvements
- Associate degree, bachelors, and master’s degree (Preferred) in quantitative field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or Statistics preferred
- At least one years’ experience developing Machine Learning models within a containerized ecosystem.
- Flexible team player who is comfortable communicating to senior management
- Experience influencing project groups in a cross-functional environment
- 2+ years ML experience deploying numerous use cases and models. Demonstrated abilities across the Kubernetes Machine Learning stack and related ecosystem(s).
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 11/18/2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.