Research & Brokerage Internship, Renewable Energy & Environmental Commodities - Fall/Winter (part-time)
Karbone Inc. is a fully integrated financial services firm that specializes in renewable and sustainable energy markets. The firm houses key strengths in Capital Markets, Brokerage, and Research services. Over the past decade, Karbone has successfully helped its clients secure long-term revenue contracts, funding sources, and key analytical information to help them achieve their investment and trading goals. Karbone currently counts leading energy developers, large utilities, private equity investors and banks as its clients. Since its inception, the firm and its employees have been ranked first amongst its competitors by renowned trade publications.
Karbone is currently looking for Fall/Winter Interns!
- Work with full-time Desks to facilitate transactions for various classes of energy and environmental commodities across North America
- Commodity exposure includes; Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), Carbon Credits, Renewable Fuels Credits (RINs and LCFS), Power, Capacity, and Sustainability Market advisory & consulting.
- Build knowledge of market developments, regulations, legislation, and industry trends
- Develop contact databases and generate leads
- Conduct research on all classes of renewable energy market products globally
- Work with Brokerage and Research teams on analysis of legislation, policy, and regulation impacting environmental markets
- Track industry trends, industry events, compile media-related material
- Compose research briefs and news reports on renewable energy, environmental markets, legislation, policy, and regulation for in-house and external usage, with potential to publish on market-wide basis
- Work with the Brokerage and Research team in facilitating live spot market pricing and/or forward commodity curves
- Current student in economics, energy, environmental studies, finance, and/or journalism
- Focus on renewable energy and environmental research, writing, and editing
- Professional interest in media, research, analysis, and/or commodity trading
- Strong understanding of economics
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts in rapidly changing markets and policy regimes
- Tech. skills including advanced Excel (VBA) and/or coding skills (Python, C++, etc.) a plus