Corporate Audit- Automation, Data Quality, Tech Summer 2023 Analyst
2023 Corporate Audit Summer Analyst Program - Automation, Data Quality, Tech
What would you like the power to do?
At Bank of America, we value being a Great Place to Work®. We recognize that talented, engaged and satisfied employees are the foundation to help make the financial lives of our customers and clients better.
Bank of America provides a diverse range of banking and nonbanking financial services and products domestically and internationally in more than 35 countries.
Corporate Audit Overview:
Corporate Audit is responsible for providing an independent assessment of whether controlling processes within Bank of America are adequately designed and functioning effectively to mitigate potential risks.
Corporate Audit maintains independence and objectivity by reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Corporate Audit teammates cover all areas of the corporation, performing validation of the company’s risk management activities through testing of key processes and controls across the company.
Management and the Audit Committee are provided with regular reporting of Bank of America’s risk management systems and internal controls. Additionally, Corporate Audit provides risk-based advice and counsel to management to help develop and maintain an appropriate customer-focused risk management culture that supports the Corporation's business objectives.
A Day in the Life:
The Corporate Audit Summer Analyst Program (CAAP) - Automation, Data Quality, Tech is a 10-week summer internship that introduces you to Bank of America and Corporate Audit. Our goal for summer interns is to have the opportunity to build upon their academic foundation – specifically technical skills, industry knowledge and familiarity with a corporate environment – while pursuing their career based on their interests and background.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on-the-job support, events, and mentorship throughout. These opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Bank-provided trainings focused on Credit Risk and Regulators, Data Acquisition and Management, Market Risk Management, and more
- Intern Mentorship Program
- Enterprise Executive Speaker Series
- Diversity & Inclusion Employee Networks – LEAD for Women, Black Professional Group, LGBT+ Pride, and more
- Continuous Educational Speakers and Events
- Networking Events
- Community Service Opportunities
As an intern you will work on an innovative team that focuses on a technology skill development path within one of the following areas: Audit Technology, Data Quality and Automation. While working in the tech track you will be aligned to analytics and line of business teams to build subject matter expertise to support a more proactive and continuous audit approach.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working with teams to provide input to draft quality audit reports and supports sharing audit results with business leaders
- Fostering a positive and inclusive work environment
- Assisting with the ownership of key regulatory matters related to the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of data
- Demonstrating strong problem solving, critical thinking, communication and project management skills
- Promoting a culture across the company where risk management is embraced as vital to achieving responsible growth
*Intern team assignments are developed based on business need and aligned to skillset and therefore cannot be guaranteed.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. Eligible candidates must have a graduation timeframe between December 2023 and June 2024.
- GPA of 3.2 out of a 4.0 scale or higher is preferred
- Common areas of study include but are not limited to:
o Computer Science
o Computer Engineering
o Information Systems
o Other STEM majors
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to adapt to change, be flexible and open minded
- Candidates must have the ability to effectively communicate quantitative topics to technical and non-technical audiences
- Candidates should demonstrate proficiencies in Microsoft Office, leadership, teamwork, problem solving organizational and analytical skills
- Candidates must also demonstrate the ability to be decisive and committed to accomplishing task.
- Candidates should have an understanding of program applications, including but not limited to Python, SQL, R, and/or C++
- Self-starter, desire to learn able to teach others, positive attitude, exhibits flexibility
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
- Ability to work in a very detailed manner
- Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role
- Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties