Early Careers-Insurance Consulting & Technology-Actuarial Analyst
Job Title: Early Careers: Insurance Consulting & Technology – Actuarial Analyst
Locations: Arlington, Atlanta, Bloomington IL, Chicago, Hartford, New York, Philadelphia, St. Louis
Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
At WTW (NASDAQ: WTW), we provide data-driven, insight-led solutions in the areas of people, risk and capital. Leveraging the global view and local expertise of our colleagues serving 140 countries and markets, we help you sharpen your strategy, enhance organizational resilience, motivate your workforce and maximize performance.
Working shoulder to shoulder with you, we uncover opportunities for sustainable success—and provide perspective that moves you.
Create a career that goes in the direction you choose. Get to know opportunity.
Create your future. Our Insurance Consulting and Technology business helps our clients in the insurance industry improve business performance. We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients measure and manage risk and capital, grow revenue and create competitive advantage.
Explore an opportunity. As an actuarial analyst with either our Life or Property & Casualty division, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects spanning product development, financial and risk management, financial modeling and software implementation, and mergers and acquisitions for insurance companies. Our clients demand leading edge products and expertise; as an analyst with our firm you can expect to gain tremendous exposure to many different aspects of insurance operations and learn practical skills working directly with credentialed actuaries.
Love your work. You will work side-by-side with some of the industry’s top consultants while you develop cutting edge technical knowledge and skills and gain experience working with a variety of clients across industries. As part of your role, you will:
· Assist with the pricing, valuation and development of insurance products
· Work to develop financial projections of clients’ insurance business
· Follow the firm’s Excellence guidelines
· Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities/maintain steady progress towards actuarial credentials
· Build strong relationships internally and with client representatives
· Document, review and present your own work
· Assist in creating detailed project plans
· Monitor project progress against deadlines and budget
· Completion within the next year of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
· Successful completion of one or more actuarial exams highly preferred
· Work or extracurricular experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills and leadership skills (actuarial internship preferred)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong computer skills; Excel and Access experience preferred
You have the potential. Now explore the possibilities. All you need to do to get the process started is submit an application through https://careers.wtwco.com/early-careers/
To search for roles of interest to you, please type the job title or "intern” into the keyword search through the link above. You can modify your search by applying to your location(s) of interest, which we recommend to best align you to a role.
The Application-Interview Process:
Step 1: Online application, including resume/CV
Step 2: Online assessments and Video Interview
Step 3: Virtual Interview with business
Step 4: Offer and on-boarding
WTW Work Flex: At WTW, we see things differently. We understand flexibility is key to supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce and so we have a variety of different working arrangements which we call “WTW Work Flex”. We encourage colleagues and candidates to make requests for the types of flexible working arrangements that suit them. Visit our career site for more information: https://careers.wtwco.com/wtw-work-flex/
WTW specializes in preparing for the unknown. Here’s how to get ready for the big day: https://careers.wtwco.com/hints-and-tips/
WTW may be subject to employment-related COVID-19 vaccination mandates from time to time in certain jurisdictions that may require certifying and providing documentation of vaccination against COVID-19 to work in a WTW office.
EEO, including disability/vets