Data Analyst (Rising Junior) Summer Intern 2023–Chief Analytics Office
The smartest companies today fully leverage data analytics for strategic decision making. The IBM Chief Analytics Office, a division of IBM Corporate Headquarters, combines business knowledge with big data to direct the future of IBM’s strategic transformation. Do you want to drive significant change within a leading global company and influence C-suite level decisions?
Your Role and Responsibilities
START AND END DATES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP ARE DURING SUMMER 2023 (3 MONTHS)
This position is a Data Analyst Intern role with the Chief Analytics Office for rising junior students (currently in their 2nd year of university). This is part one of a two-year summer internship program, aimed at placing candidates into full-time consultant or data scientist roles upon graduation.
During this internship you will develop and be able to showcase skills in (but not limited to):
• data exploration, extraction and manipulation
• fact-based quantitative analysis using data visualization techniques
• building innovative statistical models
• interpreting output and performance of models in business terms, communicating findings to the team and stakeholders through presentation
• communicating findings to the team and stakeholders through presentation
• collaborating in a team environment
We encourage interns to work from our New York metropolitan area or Research Triangle Park locations, but are open to remote work. Additional detail will be discussed throughout the interview process.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
To qualify for this position, you must possess the following:
• You are pursuing a BA/BS in Economics, Business, Data Science, Engineering or another STEM field
• Rising college junior for the 2023-2024 school year
• You have experience and/or coursework in business analytics, data analytics, econometrics, computer science, statistics, or linear algebra
• You have a strong interest in Data Science and analytics projects
• You have the ability to think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
• You have the ability to develop new problem-solving techniques to build insights
• You have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• You have experience with extracting insights from data sets by reshaping, summarizing, combining, and sub-setting to extract summaries and data visualizations
• You have demonstrated a strong desire to learn new skills and showcase persistence
• You have effective oral and written communication skills
• You thrive in a collaborative team environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Additional consideration will be given for these optional qualifications:
• You have experience with Python, R, or another programming language or software
• You have familiarity with statistical modeling and machine learning
• You have demonstrated ability to think about business and technical challenges in an enterprise setting
The IBM Chief Analytics Office is an elite analytics consulting team that is tasked by IBM executives to pursue our most complex strategic issues. Our work is a combination of data science and management consulting. Through state of the art technology and the power of artificial intelligence we strive to improve traditional business decision-making and processes.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Supplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.