Fixed Income Dealer Salesperson
The Fixed Income Dealer Salesperson will be part of a nine person sales and trading desk playing a key role maintaining desk relationships with CD, Corporate MTN and Structured Product clients. This person can be based in New York, Philadelphia or Atlanta.
What you are good at:
- Communication Effective communicator;
- Customer Service Exceptional customer service skills, ability to anticipate and meet customer needs and proven ability to develop rapport with external clients and internal customers;
- Analysis – able to handle analytical, quantitative, and technological tasks while operating in a fast-paced environment effectively managing competing priorities and responsibilities;
- Building Relationships– Connecting with others in a way that fosters trust and creates collaborative relationships.
· Establish, maintain and grow desk relationships with CD, Corporate MTN and Structured Product clients
· Work closely with your sales partner on primary and secondary coverage with the purpose of increasing market share
· Actively engage with firm clients to manage internal and external expectations around deal sizes and circles
· Communicate with Traders in order to ensure timely deal settlement
· Organize and lead Janney sponsored client appreciation and entertainment activities
· Attend all major dealer conferences
· Interact daily with the Trading, Operations and IT
What you have:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 0-2 years of experience required
· Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Skilled at multitasking and prioritizing responsibilities
· Effective communicator (written and verbal)
· Exceptional customer service skills, ability to anticipate and meet customer needs and proven ability to develop rapport with external clients and internal customers
· Series 7 and 63 licenses preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months
· Knowledge of fixed income products and markets preferable
· Prior experience with Bloomberg trading platform preferable but not required
Why work for us?
Benefits: Janney believes that its employees are the key to what makes a great company. Although work makes up a large portion of an employee’s life, we believe that a balance between work and non-work activities is essential to maintain quality performance and a positive work atmosphere. We offer a competitive package including Paid Paternal Leave, generous Paid Time Off, eligibility for a $2,000 referral bonus and Professional Development Assistance Plan designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Janney is an award-winning full-service financial services firm committed to understanding our clients' needs and providing advice beyond investments. We are equally committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where employees can use their talents to thrive and grow professionally with the firm. Attracting, hiring, and retaining diverse talent is a priority for the firm. We succeed because of the people who choose to work here; the depth of their skills, experiences, diversity of thoughts and backgrounds.