Technology Intern - SC
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander Consumer is looking for Technology Interns for Summer 2023. The Technology Internship role will provide the intern an understanding of the business of technology. The expectation is that the intern will come out of this internship with an understanding of what runs technology in a large Banking institution. They will also gain some direct knowledge of Consumer and Business Banking technology and could include exposure to banking functionality, vendors, and key compliance and regulatory requirements. They will create relationships within IT and Business that will help them grow during your internship.
This 2023 Summer Internship for undergraduate students who have an anticipated graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024.
The application deadline for this position is Sunday, November 27, 2022.
This internship position is located in Dallas, TX. Before applying, please keep in mind that our internship program does not offer any relocation assistance. To learn more about our summer internship program and the activities included, please visit https://www.santandercareers.com/students.
Some responsibilities of Technology internship role may include but are not limited to:
- Assists Business Analysts in documenting current business procedures and processes
- Assists in the creation of documentation and definitions for technical systems, processes, business rules and data
- Researching new technologies and components
- Ensure Application information is correct and updated as required
- Creating PowerPoints regarding our business case
- Special Project work related to strategic initiatives within the bank – could be related to Channel applications, Loan Systems, Mobile / Online Banking, CRM, Operations, etc
- Monthly Vendor Management meetings and SLA reporting
- Create an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion where all perspectives are valued, and all people are welcomed.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a University or College
- Preferably majoring in Information Systems, MIS, Engineering, Math, Business, or related field
- Expected graduation date between December 2023 – May 2024
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strong analytics and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Availability for entire internship program
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Be ready to work and have a positive attitude. Our group is filled with hard working team-players who hit their goals, so you should be too
- Ability to work in an environment that supports employees from all backgrounds and fosters an environment of inclusion
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
Diversity & EEO Statements: At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Working Conditions: Frequent Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing and walking. Occassional moving and lifting equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
Employer Rights: Employer Rights:This job description does not list all of the job duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.