Cyber Security Internship (Activision & Blizzard)
Cyber Security Internship
At Activision Blizzard we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences, driven by our company values and passion, Activision Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. We are looking for talented and innovative students to join our team for the 2023 summer. All interns will receive a meaningful project and an unparalleled experience. We’ll provide the tools and resources you need to learn. The challenging and creative work you do throughout your internship will directly impact the team you are contributing on.
All interns will be given the choice to work remotely or relocate to the internship location. The company will cover relocation services and will provide a living student to supplement housing, utility, and office supply costs.
- Must be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD and graduating December 2023 or later.
- Computer Science Degree or similar preferred.
- Available for a 12-week internship starting in late May or late June.
- Passionate about learning what it takes to be a successful engineer in the video game industry.
- We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Games Information Security Internship: Learn what it takes to protect our games. If you have experience or interest in security and cryptography then this is the team for you.
- Experience with web development, Linux system administration and Bash.
- Practical facility with cloud environment like AWS, system operation tools and databases is helpful.
- Knowledge of application security, cryptography and related domains.
- Experience cheating and reverse engineering cheats for games.
- Must be actively involved with capture the flag and/or other security competitions. Please have these competitions outlined on your resume.
Global Information Security Internship: The Global Information Security Intern reports into Global Information Security team and maintains strong relations with all Line of Business technology groups. This person will work closely with several key individuals and teams to analyze and assess vulnerabilities in the infrastructure (software, hardware, networks), security assessments, and security incident response.
- Basic security, networking, and operating system (Windows, Linux, Solaris, OS X) knowledge.
- Basic IT troubleshooting.
- Must work well in a team environment and have strong communication.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need.
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations.
- Gain experience working in the forefront of the gaming industry where the environment and work is dynamic.
- Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
- Apply analytical thinking to balance design and operational excellence to help our teams drive innovation.
- Expand your skills and learn new technology.
- Spend a summer focusing on a meaningful project that directly impacts game development while having an unparalleled experience.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.