2023 – Intern – CPBB – Shanghai - (2200021100)
Consumer, Private and Business Banking (CPBB)
Our team consists of 25,000 colleagues, spread across 35 countries. And we're transforming - embracing agile and new ways of working together, which helps us to truly 'think client' and serve millions of our affluent and emerging affluent clients, across the world.
Our clients include individuals and small businesses, and we support them with a range of traditional banking services, including investment, credit and wealth planning solutions.
Our digital services are designed to provide our clients with unique and superior experiences. We offer career opportunities for relationship managers, customer service specialists, product and segment management, sales and wealth planning.
About the programme
Our 10-week Internship Programme allows you to work directly on real world problems to hone your skills, create lasting relationships and learn about your strengths. The programme is intended to create a pipeline to our Graduate Programme and other full-time roles.
What you’ll experience
- A 10-week structured Internship programme, that typically takes place April - August
- A country induction, formal welcome to the Bank and get to know your peers
- On-the-job learning
- Be paired with a ‘buddy’ from the Graduate Programme, to set you up for success and provide insights into the Graduate programme
Can I get onto a graduate role from the Internship Programme?
- High performing Interns will be eligible for placement on our Graduate Programme
We have opportunities in:
- CCIB Client Coverage
- Financial Markets
- Digital Channels and Data Analytics (DCDA)
- Consumer, Private and Business Banking (CPBB)
- SC Ventures
- Transformation, Technology & Operations (TTO)
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Internship Programme, you must
- Be in your in your penultimate (second to last) or final year of study of your bachelor or post-graduate degree.
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to, for the full duration of the internship.
- The Bank does not sponsor work permits for Internships.
- For UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship, but in the UAE, priority will be given to UAE nationals.
- If they are required to completed mandatory National or Military service after graduation, we will accept applications from final year students.
- All Interns participating in the Internship Programme will be evaluated during the 10th week of their internship.
- Evaluations will be used in our final recruitment decisions for the Graduate Programme and other full-time roles, with an aim to provide an offer before the internship is completed.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers