2023 – Graduate – Financial Markets – Beijing - (2200025543)
Financial Markets team, Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking (CCIB)
We're differentiated by our extensive global footprint with a presence in 59 of the world’s most dynamic markets and supported by our diversified product expertise.
With an intimate appreciation of the markets we're present in, and unrivalled knowledge of the emerging trade and investment corridors of Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer our clients risk management, financing and investment expertise, through bespoke solutions across asset classes and building trusted relationships in various industries and sectors.
As a Graduate in the Financial Markets, you’ll be focused in your chosen business stream, with training and business rotations into connected streams, that will give real context to your role. You’ll gain hands-on experience across four mandatory training rotations, where you’ll be an integral part of our team, helping to deliver solutions for our clients.
- Create and analyse pitchbooks, confirming client deals and coordinating client events with our Sales teams
- Price, test, develop and roll-out new products with our Structuring teams
- Provide insights on balance sheet movements, report changes in liquidity profiles and track Trading desk funding profiles with our Asset & Liability Management teams
- Support senior desk members executing and inputting hedging trades and provide pricing to sales desks with our Trading Teams
- Exposure to Financial Markets senior management and other trading desks across your internship, with interactive sessions helping develop a holistic overview of our Financial Markets business
Your career progression
At the end of your 18-month programme, you’ll join a role within Financial Markets. This could be in the following areas such as:
- Capital Markets
What you’ll do over 18 months
- Induction – these are classroom sessions, case studies, and tailored technical training split by business functions.
- 12 month training rotation – you’ll spend five months in your focus area and go on to broaden your experience with further rotations in Client Coverage, Transaction Banking and Risk.
- 6 month business rotation – your last rotation will be six months in your focus area within Financial Markets. It’s your opportunity to find the team you fit into best and begin your Standard Chartered career.
We’re interested in people with diverse backgrounds and encourage students from all degree disciplines to apply to our programmes.
For our Graduate Programme, you must
- Be in your final year of study for a university degree or higher, or have graduated in the last two years, and
- Have the permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to.
- For the UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship, but in the UAE, priority will be given to UAE nationals.
- For graduate roles in US, we will not consider applications from candidates seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers