Workforce Data Analyst
New York City Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as a Workforce Data Analyst in the Office of Human Resources. This Workforce Analytics Unit, along with Payroll, Compensation, Audit units are responsible for furnishing timely and accurate payments to more than 7,000 ACS staff, conducting audits ensuring staff salaries and differentials are paid in accordance with various Collective Bargaining Agreements, and producing scheduled and ad-hoc reports for various internal and external governmental stakeholders pertaining to workforce data. The Data Analyst position serves a key role in providing Agency leadership with the data and analysis needed in order to make well-informed data-driven personnel decisions.
The Workforce Data Analyst assigned to Payroll, Compensation, Audit & Management Reporting unit will be responsible for (but not limited to the following duties:
• Collect data using canned and ad-hoc City Human Resources Management System (CHRMS) reports as requested.
• Building and editing queries in CHRMS (IBM Cognos Studio).
• Conduct statistical analyses, and produce reports using Microsoft Excel.
• Produce scheduled and ad-hoc workforce reports & dashboards regarding new hires, attrition, promotions, overtime, leave usages, and other key metrics.
• Liaise with ACS community, Division partners throughout the agency in order to provide insightful data analysis for high priority workforce projects.
• Work closely with Compensation team to calculate and audit payments for annuity, additions to gross, and contractual general wage increases.
• Coordinate with HR Liaisons, Chiefs of Staff, and PS Budget to manage the agency-wide distribution point network, make updates as needed.
• Work closely with partners within Human Resources to provide data, analysis, reports in order to increase accuracy and efficiency of operations.
• Work collectively and independently on special projects as needed.