Workforce Data Analyst for Recruitment
New York City Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as a Workforce Data Analyst for Recruitment in the Office of Human Resources. This Workforce Analytics Unit, along with Payroll, Compensation, Audit units are responsible for furnishing timely and accurate payments to more than 7,000 ACS staff, conducting audits ensuring staff salaries and differentials are paid in accordance with various Collective Bargaining Agreements, and producing scheduled and ad-hoc reports for various internal and external governmental stakeholders pertaining to workforce data. The Workforce Data Analyst position serves a key role in providing Agency leadership with the data and analysis needed in order to make well-informed data-driven personnel decisions. This position will work primarily with recruitment and onboarding data. This position will work closely with Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, and Certifications teams to produce dashboards, status reports, and analyses which detail key performance indicators (KPI) such as vacancies, model title cohorts, and candidate processing. With latitude for independent initiative and judgement, the Workforce Data Analyst specific duties will include:
• Collect data using canned and ad-hoc City Human Resources Management System (CHRMS) reports as requested.
• Building and editing queries in CHRMS (IBM Cognos Studio).
• Conduct analyses and produce reports using Microsoft Excel.
• Produce scheduled and ad-hoc workforce reports & dashboards regarding vacancies, model title cohorts, candidate processing, civil service exams, promotions, and other key metrics.
• Liaise with ACS community, Division partners throughout the agency in order to provide insightful data analysis regarding vacancies, hiring, promotions, and civil service exams.
• Work closely with partners within Human Resources to provide data, analysis, reports in order to increase accuracy and efficiency of operations.
• Work collectively and independently on special projects as needed.