ASPIRE LEARNING CENTER, LLC
Job Title: Applied Behavior Technician
Who Are We?
Aspire Learning Center is an integrated ABA program that provides a unique opportunity for neurodiverse and neurotypical children to learn and grow alongside each other. During our Early Childhood Program (8:00a-3:00p) we provide academic and ABA services to children from 18 months – 7 years old. During our Afternoon or “after school” program (8-5:30p), we provide services to children up to 15 years of age.
In addition to in-center services, Aspire Learning Center offers its families home-based and community services. Behavior Technicians who wish to participate in this aspect of our model are trained to work with clients and families in a compassionate and supportive manner across various settings.
Please note we do NOT provide services on weekends or late evenings.
What Will I Do as a Behavior Technician?
You will help support children with ASD engage in individual, large, and small group activities allowing them to learn skills through play based and skill-based activities. Each classroom is supported by 2 BCBAs, a certified Teacher, Lead Behavior Technician, and an Early Education Program Assistant.
You will implement ABA goals and teaching methods naturally into activities providing a more organic way for a child to receive their ABA therapy.
You will get the opportunity to work with BCBAs on more intensive therapeutic services such as Feeding Therapy, Sleep Consultation, Toilet Training, Assessment and Treatment of Challenging Behavior, and Functional Communication Training.
Other responsibilities include:
• Implementing individualized Behavior Support Plans (BSP)
• Implementing ABA teaching strategies
• Collecting and recording data using electronic medical record data collection system
• Promoting a happy, relaxed and engaged environment for children to actively learn in
• Participating in skill and behavioral assessments including functional analyses
• Creating and maintaining materials for the implementation of client programming
• Completing additional assignments as delegated by supervisor.
Is there Growth Opportunity?
Yes! We have many growth opportunities for individuals interested in Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, Speech Language Pathology, Training, and more! We want you to have a stake in the direction of our organization and how you want to positively impact the lives of children we serve.
What If I Want to Become a BCBA?
We support and encourage continuing education! We are an approved worksite to gain Fieldwork Experience hours. We also offer a free Fieldwork Supervision and Mentoring program where individuals can gain all of their necessary mentoring and experience hours. Aspire is partnered with Endicott College and we offer discounted tuition for enrollment in their Masters or PhD ABA programs.
What Does Onboarding and Training Look Like?
The first two weeks of your time at Aspire Learning Center will be spent in Onboarding and Training to help you feel equipped to confidently be a Behavior Technician. Training will occur across various modes such as lecture, live and video models, roleplays, and on-the-floor client trainings.
Am I Qualified?
• Education/Training: A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, minimum High School Diploma required
• Experience: At least 1 year experience in ABA or related field preferred
• Age: Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of hire
What are the Other Benefits to Working at Aspire Learning Center?
Current benefits include:
• Health and Dental insurance
• 5.5 weeks of paid vacation and holidays
• Paid personal day with earned days for each additional year of employment
• Paid sick time
• Paid sick leave
• Parental leave
• 401k with employer matched contribution
• Employee referral program
• Monthly staff outings and initiatives
• Guaranteed hours regardless if a client cancels
• Predictable schedule with no late nights or weekends
Additional benefits for those continuing their education in the ABA field:
• University approved field placement for individuals pursuing BCBA certification
• Free Fieldwork Supervision and Mentoring for individuals pursuing BCBA certification
• Partnership with Endicott College offering discounted tuition for their ABA Master’s pr PhD program