Accounting Intern (Summer 2023)
Are you an aspiring accounting or finance professional? Our interns receive countless opportunities to be challenged, offer key business insights and gain real experience working for a Fortune 500 leader in the disability-based employee benefits marketplace.
We are looking for individuals to bring their curiosity and individuality, and in return we provide professional skill development and hands-on experience to contribute to personal and professional growth. During this internship, you will have the opportunity to work alongside mentors and professionals who rank amongst the best in their fields, as well as contribute to meaningful, challenging project work that culminates in an end-of-summer presentation to key business leaders.
This internship allows those pursuing a career in accounting and finance to gain experience from an industry leader. Our accounting and finance initiatives cover a spectrum of business groups that are vital to the organization’s strategy and operational success. These include, but are not limited to: Accounting, Financial and Regulatory Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax, Internal Audit and Treasury. The internship will allow you to:
- Contribute to meaningful project work that leaves lasting impact on the business
- Learn about departmental and corporate functions
- Attend weekly information sessions and networking opportunities with senior leaders across enterprise locations
- Take part in social events, have fun and build your network with other interns
- Participate in community service activities by supporting organizations that make our communities stronger, advocate for greater access to the benefits that strengthen our societies and families, protect the environment around us, and invest in our workplace culture
- Join an Employee Network and work with the Office of Inclusion & Diversity to help advance Unum's inclusion journey and represent the full spectrum of what makes us unique
- Earn college credit (School/Program Manager pre-approvals are required)
- Accounting/Finance interns who excel in this internship program will be considered for Unum's Accounting & Finance Leadership Program as well as other full-time opportunities. Top summer interns may be eligible to receive full-time offers to join the team following the successful completion of their degree. Learn more about our Accounting & Finance Development Program HERE!
- Housing is not provided however, Unum offers a lump-sum bonus to help with costs for the summer and will provide guidance on housing opportunities used by interns in the past
Program Timeline: The internship program starts in early June 2023 and will last 10-12 weeks
- Chattanooga, TN
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college degree program
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior pursuing a degree in accounting or a finance-related degree with the intention to complete the course credits to be eligible to sit for the CPA certification
- GPA of 3.0 overall required
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and on-campus involvement
- Desire to pursue CPA
Thank you for your interest in Unum! After applying you will receive an email confirmation that your application has been received. Please note that we will not be reviewing applications until October 2022 for our summer internships.