Finance: Internal Audit Internship - Summer 2023 (Hybrid)
At Lands’ End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands’ End a great place to work. In this role, you will have the flexibility to work days onsite at the Corporate office in Dodgeville, WI and at home each week.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 22-August 11, 2023
- Paid Internship: $18.00 per hour
- Hybrid work option- Must live within commutable distance to Dodgeville., WI.
- Computer equipment shipped directly to you
- Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands’ End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship while working alongside seasoned professionals. This position assists in planning, performing and reporting on financial and operational audits under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager. Interns benefit from exposure to all levels of company management, daily operations of the company and to our Big 4 public accountants. This is an excellent position to gain practical work experience and understand the day-to-day workings of corporate accounting and Big 4 auditor professionals. Interns may also select an area of concentration including IT, Distribution & Warehousing, Retail Operations or Merchandising.
- Auditors and students will also be heavily involved in the audit testing required under the new Sarbanes/Oxley law.
- Project areas may include audit plan development, planning and fieldwork.
- Assist in writing summary reports to management after each audit performed, including their conclusion and any recommendations for improvements to procedures and controls.
- Relationship Development:
- Maintain active dialogue with field and corporate personnel to serve as an internal consultant, develop new ideas for future projects and promote the utility of the department.
- Work proactively with internal customers to ensure audit recommendations are implemented timely.
- Personal Development: Develop knowledge of our business strategies and overall business acumen.
- Must be highly motivated, take initiative and work professionally with and without supervision
- Strong accounting, analytical skills and research aptitude required
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity
- Problem solving skills and the ability to analyze current practices for compliance with regulations
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Accounting major preferred, business major also qualified