Our team is growing, and we are looking for a talented, highly motivated, and detail-oriented Associate Scientist for a position within our Proteomics Services Group. You will support sample preparation and data analysis for LC-MS/MS analysis for our Proteomics service business and should possess strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail. While the primary responsibility of this role is processing samples to be run on the mass spec, you will have plenty of opportunity to participate in other projects within the Proteomics team, including data analysis, method development, customer support, and research projects.
You'll have the opportunity to....
- Develop skills at the bench and work with Proteomics scientists to prepare samples, solve problems, and improve processes
- Utilize lab automation to process samples and design new workflows to take advantage of robotic solutions
- Perform data analysis and report generation for service projects and discuss results with service clients
- Be an active participant in moving our proteomics services business forward
- Gain a deeper understanding of Proteomics by working with CST scientists and participating in group and department level meetings
Who you are and what you bring to the team....
- You should have a commitment to integrity, quality, collaboration, and innovation
- You have a solid record of consistently generating high quality results at the bench
- You possess a strong sense of urgency, a natural curiosity, exceptional attention to detail, and a commitment to following through
- You possess a BA, BS, or MS degree in a biological science and 3+ years' experience in a proteomics laboratory environment or a PhD from a proteomics lab
- You have relevant experience processing samples for LC-MS/MS analysis
- You have exceptionally strong organizational skills and record keeping.
- You have good communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to work in a team environment.
- You pride yourself on being a strong communicator with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills