Camp Staff Director
Rockbrook Camp for Girls is seeking an energetic, outgoing, and creative person to recruit, hire, train, and manage staff for the camp. The Staff Director works alongside the Program Director supervising cabin counselors and activity instructors to deliver a quality camp experience for the children attending camp. In addition, this position requires attending professional workshops and conferences, contributing writing to newsletters and blog posts, and travel to recruit staff and promote the camp. This is a full-time, 12-month, salaried, benefitted position that reports to the owners/directors of the camp.
Qualities of a successful candidate include:
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm for working with, training and inspiring, college-aged young adults.
- Exceptional organization, computer, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, the ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Willingness to learn and take on additional duties as needed.
- Genuine embrace of the Rockbrook Camp culture and philosophy.
- Experience with adolescent/young adult mental health management a plus.
- Residential summer camp experience preferred, though not required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Recruit and hire camp cabin counselors and counselors-in-training.
- With the Program Director, recruit and hire activity instructor specialists.
- Work collaboratively managing the Rockbrook community of summer staff members.
- Plan and lead training sessions for pre-camp staff orientation week.
- Organize and maintain human resource practices for all seasonal staff.
- Assist the Program Director in organizing staffing needs for activities, special events, trips, and regular camp assemblies during the summer.
- Supervise staff in their duties as cabin counselors, activity instructors, and camp role models.
- Promote staff individual wellness and community camp spirit.
- Assist with camper management and wellness.
Rockbrook is an overnight summer camp for girls located in the mountains of western North Carolina near Brevard. Established in 1921, it offers a diverse program of horseback riding, outdoor adventure, sports, crafts, and many other activities. Rockbrook provides a friendly and noncompetitive environment where campers can gain greater self-confidence and a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationship with other people and the natural world. Girls ages 6-16 attend for 2-, 3- or 4-week sessions. Rockbrook is accredited by the American Camp Association.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org