Litigation Paralegals work very closely with each other and the Firm’s lawyers, clients and outside vendors, depending on the needs of each particular matter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project management and organization of litigation cases
- Fact research
- Document collection
- Document production
- Management of Litigation Support projects
- Coordination of outside litigation vendors
- Assembling/filing/distributing briefs
- Deposition and trial preparation
- Preliminary Translations
- Indexing, pulling cases from Westlaw/Lexis-Nexis
- Drafting cover letters/memos
- Pulling cases from Westlaw/Lexis-Nexis
- Notarizing documents
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Knowledge of legal/paralegal environments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to work under pressure and multitask when required.
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Prior legal experience is beneficial but not required.
The base salary range offered for this role will be $55,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm.
The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits. For a more comprehensive list of employee benefits, please visit www.sullcrom.com/employee-benefits
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for a paralegal position, please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript. Applicants must include all of the above-mentioned materials in order to be considered for this position. The Firm will only consider candidates that submit completed applications.