Data Scientist Internship - R23662
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games' Data Science Team is looking for a smart creative Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The successful candidate will have strong python knowledge, an understanding of statistics, familiarity with both supervised & unsupervised learning techniques, have a foundation in python or scala and enjoy combining programming skills with mathematical modeling techniques to build the machine learning products that will drive our continued success.
- Potential Projects Include:
- Text parsing and modeling
- Game Meta and Skills Expression
- Matchmaking Systems
- Deeper Player Segmentation
- Advanced statistical training and a thorough understanding of the associated strengths and weaknesses of different machine learning approaches
- Passion for both games and analytics
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with design of experiment and machine learning technique implementation
- Demonstrated experience with interpretive and predictive modeling
- Working knowledge of SQL & Python (or Scala)
- Experience with AWS services preferred
- Excellent data reporting and presentation skills
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files: analyzing file structure, using and creating file layouts, ETLing raw date into finished products
- Ability to prioritize, work with multiple departments and deliver at a high speed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.